What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 confirmed next week

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, please I hope I'm not buggering u? I don't have access to credit card in my region and I'd like to download songs from iTunes which is actually impossible. Is there any way to get the musics on my pc to my iPad? I mean, musics not downloaded from iTunes.

Revival...please do not hijack this thread. You have already commented on this in another thread. You should know better.

Please stop asking your question here so we can stay on topic!

Thank you!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just looking at the new icon makes me wonder about the UI overhaul.

Sent from K48

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Akai SynthStation25 and someone online said it does not work with iOS 5. So I have not considered upgrading from iOS 4.3.
Will iOS 6 pretty much be way better than iOS 5 and allow for backwards compatibility?

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These iOS updates always get a ton of hype, but every time it's a huge letdown to me. They hardly add or change anything.

I read an article raving about the fact they are adding Facebook support everywhere in it, which I think is very stupid. What happens if Facebook dies off? Not every likes Facebook, just look at how poorly their stock is doing. I'm also not going to set up a privacy invading Facebook account just so I can use the iPad.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TC93 said:
These iOS updates always get a ton of hype, but every time it's a huge letdown to me. They hardly add or change anything.

I read an article raving about the fact they are adding Facebook support everywhere in it, which I think is very stupid. What happens if Facebook dies off? Not every likes Facebook, just look at how poorly their stock is doing. I'm also not going to set up a privacy invading Facebook account just so I can use the iPad.

Agreed with you there. Real features are usually in short supply as they don't dare make changed to the way things already work.

I would be interested in inter-app communication. But it will take time for apps to be rewritten to use that.

Based on that I'll likely upgrade to iOS6 on the iPad sometime in 2013 or with a new iPhone 5 if I don't jump to android.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TC93 said:

It appears that lots of blogs and news sites obsess about the words "Facebook", "IPO", and "Stocks", although personally I don't think they mean anything.

Sent from K48

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Can't wait to learn more about the iOS 6.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple event was the same old same old..

basically, Apple gave users things that have been around for 2 years or more.

Facebook integration? Windows Phone had it for 2 years.

Passbook? Normally that would be NFC but since Apple doesn't have NFC chips in its phone it introduces this clunky shim.

MBP can update itself when you aren't using it. Really? A computer that self updates? AMAZING.

Search now provides app integration....again WP7 since last year.

3D maps...Google since like forever.

Offline reading list...well I guess Pocket (ReadItLater) value took a nose dive today.

Facetime over Cellular...yeah, Skype is flattered.

Oh and Siri to come to iPad 3.... Yawn lol

Sent from my iPad 3

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Who says you have to use facebook to use an iPad? That is not a requirement. And if you expect Apple to change iOS into Android or something like it, then you just need to move on now rather than later. Making huge changes to an OS is just asking for major headaches in terms of support and bugs.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple did not get to the top by ignoring what the buying public wants. No good business is going to leap frog technology to the point that no one can understand it. Yawn all you want, but for Apple, this is a major release of new products and software. I think the only major disappointment is the failure to include Thunderbolt to the mild upgrade given the Mac Pro.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple event was the same old same old..

basically, Apple gave users things that have been around for 2 years or more.

Facebook integration? Windows Phone had it for 2 years.

Passbook? Normally that would be NFC but since Apple doesn't have NFC chips in its phone it introduces this clunky shim.

MBP can update itself when you aren't using it. Really? A computer that self updates? AMAZING.

Search now provides app integration....again WP7 since last year.

3D maps...Google since like forever.

Offline reading list...well I guess Pocket (ReadItLater) value took a nose dive today.

FaceTime over Cellular...yeah, Skype is flattered.

Oh and Siri to come to iPad 3.... Yawn lol

Sent from my iPad 3

Are you happy with anything? Sheesh.:D

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Apple did not get to the top by ignoring what the buying public wants. No good business is going to leap frog technology to the point that no one can understand it. Yawn all you want, but for Apple, this is a major release of new products and software. I think the only major disappointment is the failure to include Thunderbolt to the mild upgrade given the Mac Pro.

I more pissed on how they basically upgraded nothing but the processor, no new graphics card, or anything else. You might as well build a hackintosh, which is much cheaper anyway.

Sent from K48

Edit: Am I the only one that completely forgot all about the next iPhone and rumored iTV after the WWDC due to the excitement?

Edit2: I've also realized that iOS 6 (iPad), has a new clock app.

Last edited:

Most reactions