What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6.0.1 is out

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I learned how my iPad clobbered some Outlook users' meeting invitation calendars and outlook apps completely. So now that I have installed 6.0.1, I need to test this with and Outlook meeting invitation test. I have suggested this to one of my clients, but I think he is still too afraid to try it!

L

Lunar

First time I've had probs updating

Well having waited a while before updating from 5.1.1 I decided to take the plunge today and move up to 6.01. Unfortunately however it took 3 attempts, as it kept falling over at the very end returning a error code which I couldn't make much sense of as it was listed as a generic code. At one point I was getting a little concerned as the iPad went into recovery mode, the update btw was from itunes and my PC.

Very strange as I've never had any issue when updating previously. Thankfully the 3rd attempt worked okay, though it's having to restore all my media files, music and film collection from it's backup so taking a little time as I had 40 films on it...lol

Strangely I did'ne see any attempt to go to version 6.0 before it installed 6.01 as mentioned by one of the earlier posters, so it may have been something to do with that.. no idea.

Very strange though, was having visions of a bricked iPad for a few moments...lol it's a sign Steve Jobs has gone (RIP Steve) we are doomed..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Installed. Failed the first time. seemed to go through the second time.

Haven't seen any "working gears" ...?

Most reactions

Latest posts