What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6.0.1 is out

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coming down now, x 2. Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok...I just saw this after my iPad told me there was an update.

I'll do it too!

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I guess that will be one of the first things I will have to do when my iPad 4 comes tomorrow. I also read this afternoon that 6.1 has been released to developers.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I held off on the 6.0 update, so will now go ahead and give this release a try! :)

Well, to quote myself above, I assumed that my update would be to iOS 6.0.1, but I was first taken to iOS 6.0 and then told that a 'new' update was available, i.e. 6.0.1 - so my delay seemed to be useless? Not sure what others have experienced?

BUT, I am now @ iOS 6.0.1 and my first checks seem to be OK - successful? Hopefully? So far what I've tested works fine! Dave

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the notice. I'm doing the update one of three: two iPad2's and one new iPad. So far, no problem with the first iPad2. Interesting moving icon. The settings app with the wheel and two sprockets rotate while downloading the app. Never noticed that before. It took less than four minutes to upgrade. It will be interesting how this little upgrade helps the iPad function.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think most of the fixes were for the new iPhone5. The update apparently requires an existing 6.0.0 installation.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated here too..

I agree with regards to 99% of the bug fixes & updates only really apply to the iPhone 5 - but the security updates are always nice to have :)

Out of interest, I followed an age old pattern for me with any "computing" device - specifically I did a reset before getting the update. I always did a full power cycle on PCs prior to any update, do a "cold boot" or cache clear on Android devices & thought "why not" on an Apple device too - so I did the power/home screen button reset, then did the update. :)

Last edited:

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the invite to upgrade to IOS6.01. Question is should I on an IPad 2??

What is advantage.
I have 6.0.
Thanks

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It fixed some of the problems that were in iOS 6.0. If you have 6.0 there is no reason not to get this update. It does add features. It is basically a bug fix.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Thanks for the notice. I'm doing the update one of three: two iPad2's and one new iPad. So far, no problem with the first iPad2. Interesting moving icon. The settings app with the wheel and two sprockets rotate while downloading the app. Never noticed that before. It took less than four minutes to upgrade. It will be interesting how this little upgrade helps the iPad function.

Yeah, I noticed the working gears too. Cool! That means something special....I'm telling ya!

On a funny note, maybe Samsung can use that in one of their ads where they poke fun at apple. They could show the Samsung galaxy doing something truly useful and then show the apple dorks clamoring about how the gear rotation animation makes the updates go faster or something. LOL! :)

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

Most reactions