What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6.0.1 , cant play videos in safari,chrome and youtube. How do i restore?

rayolen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, i have a jail broken iPad 6.0.1. I try to delete all information and all settings to free up some space.
But it don't work, it just hang up and i get in to safe mode. Then after that i get stuck in safe mode,so installed evasion from windows and deleted some files in ifiles. Then i get out of safe mode. But now i cant play videos on ipad in safari and youtube app. I can only play video in youtubepro from cydia.

So i must try to restore it again to fix the video problem.
So i downloaded 6.0.1 (iPad 2 Wi-Fi): iPad2,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw. Then i sett Ipad in dfu mode and get into Itunes and click on restore and hold down ctrl and choose ipad2.6.0.1++. But it says its not compatible with my iPad?

So what must i do to restore to 6.0.1 ?

I have Ipad 2 wifi 16 gb with ios 6.0.1 and eveasion jailbreak.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you press the "Erase All Content and Settings" line in your Settings app? If yes, then I'm afraid you have ruined your jail break and will have to restore your iPad.

However, you cannot selectively restore any iOS 6 version other than iOS 6.1.3, which is the latest iOS for the iPad. The other iOS versions cannot be used.

I'm afraid you'll have to put iOS 6.1.3 on the iPad. You will not be able to jail break that version, but hopefully, a jail break for iOS 7 will be found and released soon.

Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
R

rayolen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you press the "Erase All Content and Settings" line in your Settings app? If yes, then I'm afraid you have ruined your jail break and will have to restore your iPad.

However, you cannot selectively restore any iOS 6 version other than iOS 6.1.3, which is the latest iOS for the iPad. The other iOS versions cannot be used.

I'm afraid you'll have to put iOS 6.1.3 on the iPad. You will not be able to jail break that version, but hopefully, a jail break for iOS 7 will be found and released soon.

Sorry.

Marilyn

hmm, i get it to work now without restore :)

Most reactions

Latest posts