What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
volcanopele said:
Well, yes, that's nice. But keep in mind that some of us either won't or can't jailbreak their device. I'm both since I won't jail break my iPad 2 as long as it requires me to hold down one button for so many seconds and then another button for another length of time, and I can't because there is no jailbreak for the iPad2...

Too lazy to press a button for 15 seconds? :)

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Already had both of those from jailbreak. :)

Actually you don't even need jailbreak for those! You can install gestures without a jailbreak and you can get a browser app with tabs in the AppStore. There's plenty of them.

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep :) That and my big problem with jailbreaking is the time between when the new OS comes out and when jailbreaking is delivered. I have for years had to put up with that non-sense on my Windows and Linux machines, and I refuse to put up with it on my iOS devices (though I might consider jailbreaking my iPod Touch). If a jailbreak comes out for the iPad2, i don't want to have to decide between keeping my jailbreak apps (which I would have to pay for) and getting the new features in iOS5.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep :) That and my big problem with jailbreaking is the time between when the new OS comes out and when jailbreaking is delivered. I have for years had to put up with that non-sense on my Windows and Linux machines, and I refuse to put up with it on my iOS devices (though I might consider jailbreaking my iPod Touch). If a jailbreak comes out for the iPad2, i don't want to have to decide between keeping my jailbreak apps (which I would have to pay for) and getting the new features in iOS5.

Because Apple has been delivering such must have features lately that you can't wait a couple weeks to jailbreak . . .

I am being sarcastic btw. In case you couldn't tell.

SC25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about the multitasking and more gesture for iOS5. ????

getmikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switch Apps

I would like a soft way to switch between apps. Each time you want to switch between apps you need to go to the the home page. There should be tabs showing the acitive apps.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like a soft way to switch between apps. Each time you want to switch between apps you need to go to the the home page. There should be tabs showing the acitive apps.

You can do this already.

If you double-click the Home button, it opens up the multi-task bar. There you can see all the active apps and switch between them without returning to the Home screen.

Tim

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have not noticed anything that isn't mentioned on the website....yet

The split keyboard feature is really convenient for me
Imessage will be nice when more of my mates install iOS 5
The new notification system for emails is really elegant

There's nothing that is really wow yet though!

But there's no more checker boards in safari!!!!

Last edited:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Two things I would love to see.

Icon badge support for the Calendar App so I know how at a glance many appointments I have today.

Custom gestures in Safari to switch tabs, go full screen etc.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it would have been nice to have had split screen apps...but the new iOS does have some excellent features.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If no one has already mentioned it I'd like to see split screen browsing. I know there's limited real estate but sometimes I'd like to be able to see two sites concurrently. Am I greedy?

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipfuser55 said:
cn only B gud thng sves tpng bt i dbt i evr ctch up wid it :D

Now that's what I call language evolution ! Deserving of a lol but not quite a lmao and definitely not to the extent of a rofl. 

Most reactions

Latest posts