What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You loved it then? really cool, wasn't it?

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
You loved it then? really cool, wasn't it?

Just waiting for apple to update their developer website so I can download the beta. :)

Attachments

• image-3712664022.png
    image-3712664022.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 221

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks great, also works with 3GS which is a bonus. No widgets though :eek:(

Gonna be a long summer!!

I wonder if the release will coincide with the iPhone 5 launch by any chance.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I was so relieved! Our 3GS is on the list! I was so sure that it would be dropped from the update list!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, I was so relieved! Our 3GS is on the list! I was so sure that it would be dropped from the update list!

It will be dropped soon probably.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

3GS is on the list, but I bet it doesn't get all the features. Just like the 3G didn't with iOS4. But hopefully Jailbreaking will still be around to fix that.

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my wish list from last week:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/15028-ios-5-what-would-you-like-see-ipad-38.html#post230060

Got Social Media integration (Twitter anyway), improved built-in apps (happy with Calendar and Mail app changes, no single "iTunes for iPad" app or improved Contacts app though), and wireless syncing right. Widgets available to some extent through the notification drop down menu. And the status bar is just good for getting the notification drop down menu.

For those who want more details on what is in iOS5, check out Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5. on the apple official site.

Of those I didn't state I wanted, but like: Reminders will support Exchange (along with the support for calendar, email, and contacts already in ios), so I might actually use Google Tasks... iMessage seems like an IM app, but considering that there seems to be a strong correlation between people I still IM and iOS device owners, I might switch to this. iCloud+PC Free sounds like a great idea, but it might take me a bit to get used to the concept. Until I go on my first trip after iOS 5 comes out. And then I will excited to not have to tie my iPad to my desktop... I already get some of the iCloud features by tying my device to a number of Google services...

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have iOS 5 installed. Tabbed browsing in safari is cool along with multitasking gestures!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
I have iOS 5 installed. Tabbed browsing in safari is cool along with multitasking gestures!

Are there any other stuff that's cool, not labeled in the Website?

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Are there any other stuff that's cool, not labeled in the Website?

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Safari is on the website. Use your safari and find out

apple.com/ios/ios5

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already had both of those from jailbreak. :)
Well, yes, that's nice. But keep in mind that some of us either won't or can't jailbreak their device. I'm both since I won't jail break my iPad 2 as long as it requires me to hold down one button for so many seconds and then another button for another length of time, and I can't because there is no jailbreak for the iPad2...

Most reactions

Latest posts