What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

Nelson7709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Sorry. I didn't find another. There is a video in it's entirety on YouTube but it took some finding. I had no problems going from one to the other.

There is also a 1 hour long special with the 2 tech gurus Bill Gates & Steve Jobs, amazing, fabulous mutual respect. Done by the same crew. Great viewing. Also to be found on YouTube.

Glad you enjoyed the first recommendation.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Stumbled into D8 website where the entire interview with Steve Jobs. Check this out: http://allthingsd.com/video/?video_id=70F7CC1D-FFBF-4BE0-BFF1-08C300E31E11

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone has a blu ray DTS system that's connected to your network and has YouTube built in, all the Steve Jobs videos are there, also some good stuff from CNET too. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AtaRobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see most people want to see.

Wireless updates

Better notifications

Widgets

Improved Google Maps interface

Improved YouTube like fixing were it can't connect to the server same for subscriptions.

Animated screens like Android phones.

Automatic updates and would like to see Apple sort out when you buy a app on a different account to update you have to put another password in well the other person does eg my mum if she buys an app on her account for her iPad.

That's most of the features I would like to see and I would like to see what Apple have planned next week prepare for anything.

MichaelBranton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Support for more advanced bluetooth devices... there's a lot of cool stuff you can't do on the current iOS :(

Meanderpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Gotcha. Hybrid Flash. Now I understand what y'all are saying. Thanks

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

"hybrid" flash or not I would say this is the only I see that is truly keeping apple from completely taking control of the tablet market. For me it is regular use on my computers which have all recently been "decommissioned". I am primarily using this tablet as a laptop so to speak for school work and it works fine until I need to watch or view a web site that uses only flash or has a mobile device type of page which limits you to only seeing things apple permits you to see.

I am not saying flash is the only thing that is holding it back but I'd say it is the biggest there are a lot of other things that are secondary like the saved documents and management of files. These are things that would make li easier but not necessary.

getmikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes flash would be nice. Apple may have to break down and install flash to keep up with the other tablets.

What I would like to see is a soft key to change from one app to another in addition to home button.

Reaction score
I think widgets will hurt Apple more in the long run than Flash.
The ability to make ones device truly personal is not there with Apple and the whole intent initially of "i" is to make it personal. Now that others are in the game and users are used to personal customization the lack of customizing tones and screens , though minor in the big picture to us will hurt Apple if they don't come around much more than Flash videos

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
I think widgets will hurt Apple more in the long run than Flash.
The ability to make ones device truly personal is not there with Apple and the whole intent initially of "i" is to make it personal. Now that others are in the game and users are used to personal customization the lack of customizing tones and screens , though minor in the big picture to us will hurt Apple if they don't come around much more than Flash videos

Support Our Troops!!

Couldn't have put it better. With the new and improved competitor platforms and Windows 8 around the corner, Apple needs to pull out some of the stops with iOS 5.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Reaction score
I'm not saying widgets will be the Ipad killer but just one more paper cut in death by 10,000 paper cuts and the other guys are the paper.

Support Our Troops!!

Most reactions