What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would also like multitouch gestures to be activated by default in iOS 5

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Butterflyrf71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone asked, I answered.

I completely understand and agree about the whole flash thing. But that doesn't make me want it any less.

Can we now move on from gagging with a spoon?

Just beat me with a wet noodle and move on!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
A new setting, which will boot the iOS device straight into jail broken state.

Best idea by far!

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

appleeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Real working Bluetooth , i.e. for Bluetooth GPS and tethering with a phone as a modem. This works on a jailbroken iP(ad|hone) so the hardware supports this.

2. yes... flash in the browser.

As the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is soon available and it is as powerful as (or even more than???) the iPad 2, Apple will get fierce competition. These Android devices do support Flash and Bluetooth GPS and tethering.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth mouse support.

There is no cursor like a pc except within apps

iOS doesn't support hover ... that is why JB is necessary if you want Flash because hover is a built in feature of Flash.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wrote to Apple the following:

In our household, we have two iPod Touches, two iPads and an iPhone but I'm finding iOS sometimes lacking.

- Files - We find it annoying that when you want to edit or open a file in different apps, the only way to do it is with the "open in" feature, and good luck keeping track of the version on your own.
- User Dictionary - it is frustrating that you have to use the international keyboard workaround to add the user dictionary feature, and then it is still half-baked.
- User Interface Dated - How about opening up and API that allows the home button to be mapped to an app that has access to app icons for cooler display and organization? Devs would love it!
- Notifications Disruptive - PLEASE steal the Palm way.

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to sound negative by adding this but I think the nest iOS will lock out the possibility of jail breaking the devices, already as we see how they started to use locations services for their apps to encourage not jail breaking.

I hope Apple does listen to iPad users, it's the future if you ask me

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heres another simple one:

- Let me change my "new mail" sound (along with other OS sounds). That stupid little beep sound is useless.

That drives me crazy that you have to jailbreak just to change the sounds... Basic stuff that any "user-friendly" OS should allow by default.

Most reactions