What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Is Finally Here!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TonyS said:
Sorry is it me but when iOS 5 was announced that this would be the up grade that allowed you to go wireless then how is it that you need to connect to a power cable to allow iTunes syncs. And as for the cloud and your calendar and contacts what a mess that has created, if you like duplicates then go ahead. If there is a way round this then please can someone let me know.

Hi Tony, it does tell you to connect to a power cable however, trust me on this, you don't need to, I sync wirelessly all the time without being plugged in to anything.

Also, I have no duplicates of anything but I'm unsure of why you do have but I am certain one of our members will be able to help.

The Archangel

lynnspain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Hi Tony, it does tell you to connect to a power cable however, trust me on this, you don't need to, I sync wirelessly all the time without being plugged in to anything.

Also, I have no duplicates of anything but I'm unsure of why you do have but I am certain one of our members will be able to help.

The Archangel

Hi I had the same thing with duplicates when using icloud. Contacts, was not too big a problem as I could hide iCloud and they went away. But calendar was a nightmare. Searched forums for help and those who have this issue did not seem to have a solution. In the end I stopped using iCloud (it deletes everything off the iPad so beware) re synced as normal and all seems ok.

Biggest issue for me has been connection issues using wiffi. I have the iPad 1 wifi only. Thougt it was the modem and finally wondered if it was the iPad. After weeks of problems not being able to connect etc. I followed one peace of advice.

Reset all networks.
Re boot iPad
Reconnect to modem / router
All fine and a lot faster I am pleased to say.

Hope this helps someone else.

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the ios5 after having a 4.3.3 jailbreak. One of the jailbreak apps screwed up my ipad1, so I had to get the new firmware. Even a restore would not work on it.
One of the things I really loved about my job ipad1 was that I could mirror everything on screen to a tv/monitor. Does the new ios let me do this, or will I have to jailbreak again when it becomes available?
Many thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
crazyhorse1217 said:
Hi,
I am new to the ios5 after having a 4.3.3 jailbreak. One of the jailbreak apps screwed up my ipad1, so I had to get the new firmware. Even a restore would not work on it.
One of the things I really loved about my job ipad1 was that I could mirror everything on screen to a tv/monitor. Does the new ios let me do this, or will I have to jailbreak again when it becomes available?
Many thanks

The mirroring feature for everything only works on an iPad 2 I'm afraid.

The Archangel

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
The mirroring feature for everything only works on an iPad 2 I'm afraid.

The Archangel

I just wondered if the new iOS would make it possible. Oh well, thanks :)

esackbauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TonyS said:
Sorry is it me but when iOS 5 was announced that this would be the up grade that allowed you to go wireless then how is it that you need to connect to a power cable to allow iTunes syncs. And as for the cloud and your calendar and contacts what a mess that has created, if you like duplicates then go ahead. If there is a way round this then please can someone let me know.

i recall that if you have exchange sync plus ipad mail, calender, .. you might end up with dulicate entries using icloud not sure if thats the case for you.

lynnspain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
esackbauer said:
i recall that if you have exchange sync plus ipad mail, calender, .. you might end up with dulicate entries using icloud not sure if thats the case for you.

Hello Esackbauer, do you know anything about os5 affecting the wifi of iPad1. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I managed after a lot of fiddling, to make a connection and can now use browse etc without constantly having to re connect, but only if my iPad is practically sitting on top of the modem. Before the updates I could sit in one room with the modem in another and it not be a problem. Any ideas?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lynnspain said:
Hello Esackbauer, do you know anything about os5 affecting the wifi of iPad1. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I managed after a lot of fiddling, to make a connection and can now use browse etc without constantly having to re connect, but only if my iPad is practically sitting on top of the modem. Before the updates I could sit in one room with the modem in another and it not be a problem. Any ideas?

Have you reset your network settings on the iPad?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kmcintosh78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine pushed and loaded with no issues. I even have some unique Apps from Cisco that I run on mine.
Lucky I guess.

esackbauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lynnspain said:

nop. not at all . works as expected . maybe a network reset fix your problem ?!

lynnspain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
esackbauer said:
nop. not at all . works as expected . maybe a network reset fix your problem ?!

Thank you for both replies suggesting a network reset. At first after the update i could not connect to my wifi modem (huawei e5832) at all. ( it had worked fine for months before the upgrade, could even sit at the back of my apartment and the modem be at the front and still able to connect) at first thought it was the modem, complained bitterly to provider and got it replaced with a new one, no improvement. Then wondered if it could be the ipad. After searching discovered others had this problem, I went through all suggestions, finally reset the networks plus doing a hard re boot on both the modem and the iPad. This at least got me connected again, but only if I almost sit on top of the modem. This was when I noticed this thread and wondered if anyone had other suggestions. Here's hoping.

kerry88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Among some of the many, long-awaited features on offer are the completely revamped notifications system, iMessage, which, now more than ever, is said to be a BlackBerry Messenger killer, Newsstand, Reminders, and full Twitter integration.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can u share music in iTunes between my MacBook , iPhone and iPad and if I can impt what's on Mac into iPad and phone

lizliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lynnspain said:
Thank you for both replies suggesting a network reset. At first after the update i could not connect to my wifi modem (huawei e5832) at all. ( it had worked fine for months before the upgrade, could even sit at the back of my apartment and the modem be at the front and still able to connect) at first thought it was the modem, complained bitterly to provider and got it replaced with a new one, no improvement. Then wondered if it could be the ipad. After searching discovered others had this problem, I went through all suggestions, finally reset the networks plus doing a hard re boot on both the modem and the iPad. This at least got me connected again, but only if I almost sit on top of the modem. This was when I noticed this thread and wondered if anyone had other suggestions. Here's hoping.

I have the same problem- Ipad2 wifi 3G- constantly have to reconnect and I also find that it seems to speed has lowered since the update. i tried resetting network. ANy help or further suggestions much appreciated!

Spankymedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since I download 5.0, not only did I loose EVERYTHING I had on my iPad, but my iPad is now horribly unstable, and will therefore force an app to quite mid-function.

Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts