What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5.1 Update HOLLA!!!!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am starting mine. How's everyone else's going???

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, TLB...let us know how it went when you are done! What issues you have had, etc.

I think this thread may be a popular one as we move forward. I have earmarked this thread as one to refer to if needed.

Good luck!

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, thank you for the update nikonstorm. So it wasn't as daunting as the big update from last October, eh?

Nikonstorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated using wifi over the air update here in the UK on 10 meg service.. It took around 10 minutes to download and a further 10 to prepare itself then around another 20 to do the update. So, around 40 minutes in all.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated using wifi over the air update here in the UK on 10 meg service.. It took around 10 minutes to download and a further 10 to prepare itself then around another 20 to do the update. So, around 40 minutes in all.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

WOW! 40 minutes from start to end to update? Coming from Android that's a LIFETIME! LOL Usually Android's take 15 minutes MAX (depending on download speeds) to finish an OTA update. I'm glad I read this before doing my first update! I would have thought I bricked the iPad! LOL Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW! 40 minutes from start to end to update? Coming from Android that's a LIFETIME! LOL Usually Android's take 15 minutes MAX (depending on download speeds) to finish an OTA update. I'm glad I read this before doing my first update! I would have thought I bricked the iPad! LOL Thanks

Hmmm...took more than that for me when I had updates on my android tab. You never knew when it was done or if it timed out! This is a piece of cake I my eyes!

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm...took more than that for me when I had updates on my android tab. You never knew when it was done or if it timed out! This is a piece of cake I my eyes!

I guess we all have different experiences. I have never had an Android take more than 15min...I've flashed so many roms too and that was also a piece of cake. The only real "issue" I ever had on Android was with the Bionic since it has a locked bootloader...makes everything a little more hairy!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I lost my patience with it after 5 weeks, and bought the iPad. Best choice I made!

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated a couple hours ago. About 10-15 minutes start to finish. Not bad.

Sent from Latveria

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am doing it now!!! I had to get on the computer. UGGHHH. 18 more minutes to go. Whaaaa waaaaaaa.....

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
You didn't do it OTA?

Didn't work. Made me get on the computer. Dunno why.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2using iPF

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Didn't work. Made me get on the computer. Dunno why.

OK, I am up and running. Took a bit longer than last time I thought.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.1!!! Update From NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts