What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.3

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok... So we just got iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak untethered and apple has the nerve to come out with iOS 4.3. COME ON!!!! We only get a week to enjoy our jailbreak before it is obsolete. Then we have to wait 3 more months before the dev team comes out with the jailbreak for 4.3. But by then the iPad 2 will come out and iOS 5 will be out. It is a never ending battle.

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a surprise that they did this. I'm sure they have the next seven updates just waiting to be released each time someone finds an exploit. They are probably just bouncing back and forth from one exploit to another just to keep people busy. And yet people are still fanatically loyal to Apple even though they try to screw their customer at each possible turn...

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OMG! Its as if Apple doesn't care about us jailbreakers at all! :D

I know... big surprise to me, too.

I'll give up my J/B and upgrade if Apple fixes the WiFi printing issues. then wait until I can J/B and feel free once again.

Bob Maxey

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why some people still have wifi problems I have many customers ( now 85) with iPads all on wifi and absolutely no issues at all. I should point out again that many older modems do not like any of the new technology and in addition the settings for security if incorrect can cause issues with connecting to the net. I suggest if you still experiencing problems change your modem router / router. I recommend net gear

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jay Freeman probably works for Apple and this is all very carefully planned with the full consent and knowledge of upper management at One Infinite Loop!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok... So we just got iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak untethered and apple has the nerve to come out with iOS 4.3. COME ON!!!! We only get a week to enjoy our jailbreak before it is obsolete. Then we have to wait 3 more months before the dev team comes out with the jailbreak for 4.3. But by then the iPad 2 will come out and iOS 5 will be out. It is a never ending battle.

Afraid that you got it backwards a bit there.

We knew about 4.3 for a couple months now. It is not Apples fault that the UNTETHERED jailbreak just came out. Just bad timing and nothing more.

There was a cruddy TETHERED jailbreak for quite a while now that you COULD have used......and the fact that no one is FORCING you to update to 4.3.

Oh...sorry I can see that you want some sympathetic typing...ok how does this work for you.....

OH HOW DARE APPLE UPDATE ITS DEVICES WITH NEW FEATURES AND SECURITY FIXES!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!!! /SARCASM.

Better now? :D :p

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We knew about 4.3 for a couple months now. It is not Apples fault that the UNTETHERED jailbreak just came out. Just bad timing and nothing more.

There was a cruddy TETHERED jailbreak for quite a while now that you COULD have used......and the fact that no one is FORCING you to update to 4.3.

Oh...sorry I can see that you want some sympathetic typing...ok how does this work for you.....

OH HOW DARE APPLE UPDATE ITS DEVICES WITH NEW FEATURES AND SECURITY FIXES!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!!! /SARCASM.

Excuse me. My post was ALL sarcasm. I may be 15, but I am not an idiot. It is all sarcasm, a joke saying that it is funny that we finally get the untethered jailbreak when apple is about to release 4.3. I think you need to come back to high school.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jay Freeman probably works for Apple and this is all very carefully planned with the full consent and knowledge of upper management at One Infinite Loop!

Nice! He probably does, so he came up with a name like saurik to cover up. :)

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why some people still have wifi problems I have many customers ( now 85) with iPads all on wifi and absolutely no issues at all. I should point out again that many older modems do not like any of the new technology and in addition the settings for security if incorrect can cause issues with connecting to the net. I suggest if you still experiencing problems change your modem router / router. I recommend net gear

I'm pretty sure the WiFi issue Bob is referring to is the fact that Apple is only supporting a handful of printers via Airprint despite the fact that they had a working solution before the last update. That being said, of all the wireless devices in my house including a 2G iPod Touch by far the worst wireless performer is the iPad. It isn't terrible but it isn't all that great either. Maybe it is just luck of the draw or what time of the day some tired worker put mine together.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Excuse me. My post was ALL sarcasm. I may be 15, but I am not an idiot. It is all sarcasm, a joke saying that it is funny that we finally get the untethered jailbreak when apple is about to release 4.3. I think you need to come back to high school.

LMAO!!!!!! Typical kid response.....I miss those days.

Ah to be young and naive again.....

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Good point... Perhaps if we hate losing our JB because of a new OS update we should avoid updating our iDevices to the new OS and try to be pleased and happy and content and satisfied. I know I am, unless the new version brings native print capabilities to my device.

Odd thing . . . We want to do things the device was not designed to do; rather, we want to break into the system, something Apple does not want and we jailbreak our toys. Perhaps the JB violates some part of the TOS/Warranty/Rules from on High. I know it is legal to JB our devices, but I am sure I am in violation of some provision of the agreement I apparently signed with Apple.

Then we complain when Apple improves and updates their software to make our devices better, because it might undo our hard work, and we are upset because we now need to find a new way to "violate" the rules imposed by Apple. At least in spirit, if not a written rule.

Should Apple stop updating the software, we will be mad as well.

I guess we will never be happy.

Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the WiFi issue Bob is referring to is the fact that Apple is only supporting a handful of printers via Airprint despite the fact that they had a working solution before the last update. That being said, of all the wireless devices in my house including a 2G iPod Touch by far the worst wireless performer is the iPad. It isn't terrible but it isn't all that great either. Maybe it is just luck of the draw or what time of the day some tired worker put mine together.

You got it. That is my biggest issue with the iPad. I really do not have any WiFi issues; my iDevices immediately connect unlike my laptop that does not always connect.

Now that I have solved my problems, I am happy. I'll go back to jail if the new update offers features I need. I'll miss my themes, however.

Bob Maxey

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought from the first couple of posts that 4.3 was released and I missed it. I ran upstairs, got my iPad and plugged it in to iTunes. Then reality set in.

I take it this is going to happen on Valentines day? At least that's what I'm seeing around the net.

Most reactions

Latest posts