What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 3.2.1 WARNING

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you restore to factory using iTunes will it load 3.2.1 if you did not upgrade to it?

-Greg

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes in the ipad settings

Not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that an iTunes full restore will load the most current OS version and that if I wipe the system using ipad settings instead it will remain at 3.2?

-Greg

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
yes in the ipad settings

Not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that an iTunes full restore will load the most current OS version and that if I wipe the system using ipad settings instead it will remain at 3.2?

-Greg

Correct. Restore to factory setting on the device keeps the os that is currently installed on it

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is SHSH?
How do I back it up with Cydia?
To where is it backed up?
Are the products Spirit and Appsync from the same source? Cydia?
What is the best web site to be informed when these products are ready for 3.2.1?
Typically how long does it take to have a new spirit released?
If I was to upgrade to 3.2.1 would the apps installed with appsync 3.2 still work even though appsync 3.2 would not work?
Thanks for any help in clarifying this.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best web site to be informed when these products are ready for 3.2.1?
I am sure the news of the latest version of Spirit will be all over the forums, including this one, about 5 minutes (if that long!) after it is released.

jbnoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to jailbreak my iPad with iTunes 9.2 last night and it sent my iPad into an infinite boot loop. I thought I was gonna die. iTunes restored from the backup I had JUST made but it would not move out of the loop. My only option was to upgrade the firmware to 3.2.1 and then restore to factory settings. This fixed it but now I cannot Jailbreak. :/

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmmm it's been about a week and no jailbreak for 3.2.1 yet, has apple put up a good stumbling block here ? I updated and now miss the jailbreak going through withdrawal here lol lol

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Mmmm it's been about a week and no jailbreak for 3.2.1 yet, has apple put up a good stumbling block here ? I updated and now miss the jailbreak going through withdrawal here lol lol

No jb today. They have the jb ready but trying to fix issues with face time on iPhone 4 before releasing the jb to the public.

Most reactions