What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 11

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, that’s the Gold Master for those running a beta version. iOS 11 will be published on September 19, as stated before.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was mirroring the event from my iPad to my Apple TV. I’ve tried watching it via Apple TV only, but that didn’t work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I watched part of the Apple event in my Windows PC. It's unacceptable that the Ipad is unable to play Youtube 4K or 8K videos and certain widespread video formats like mkv, even more so with the CPU and display capability of the latest Ipad....it's beyond me.

What does that mean? That the final iOS 11 was already patched?
The final release version of iOS 11 will be available on September 19th.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I watched part of the Apple event in my Windows PC. It's unacceptable that the Ipad is unable to play Youtube 4K or 8K videos and certain widespread video formats like mkv, even more so with the CPU and display capability of the latest Ipad....it's beyond me.

What does that mean? That the final iOS 11 was already patched?
An iPad screen is small enough that you wouldn’t see any real improvement if the picture was in 4K. 4K and higher resolutions look their best on large screen displays.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Question for you who are on iOS 11 .

Is it still possible to change countries in iTunes/App Store on iPad and iPhone ?

I have two  IDs. The one for iCloud is a mac.com (French)
The one for App Store is a gmail.com (US)

All my apps and content are with the gmail.com . I do have a few important apps from the french App Store , so I change App Stores from time to time to update them.

I called  but they couldn't give me an answer . I'm counting on you to help me answer this question that's really important to me ;-))))))))

Attachments

• JPEG image-A086402FF686-1.jpeg
    JPEG image-A086402FF686-1.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 246

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I watched the event on my iPad. I just wondered that, why wasn't any special mention of iOS 11 official release and some live demo of the same. Event mostly addressed devices and not the OS.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I watched the event on my iPad. I just wondered that, why wasn't any special mention of iOS 11 official release and some live demo of the same. Event mostly addressed devices and not the OS.
The September announcement has always been about devices not iOS. The September 19th release date was announced on Tuesday.
The big announcement of iOS 11 and many of its new features was at WWDC back in June. The iOS features that were demonstrated on Tuesday were those which had to be kept secret or they would have revealed too much about the new iPhones. The big ones were Face ID and animojis.

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The September announcement has always been about devices not iOS. The September 19th release date was announced on Tuesday.
The big announcement of iOS 11 and many of its new features was at WWDC back in June. The iOS features that were demonstrated on Tuesday were those which had to be kept secret or they would have revealed too much about the new iPhones. The big ones were Face ID and animojis.
Ok. Nice.

perseid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iOS features that were demonstrated on Tuesday were those which had to be kept secret ...The big ones were Face ID and animojis.
Are those "secret" features going to be available in the Ipad too or just Iphone?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are those "secret" features going to be available in the Ipad too or just Iphone?

Secret only because they gave away some of the hardware features of the new iPhones; and Apple likes to surprise us. Since some/most of newly announced features are hardware dependent, they won't be coming to the iPad this year; like Face ID and the new animoji app in iMessages that depend on the new sensors and dedicated processor in the iPhone X (pronounced iPhone 10).

perseid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Secret only because they gave away some of the hardware features of the new iPhones; and Apple likes to surprise us. Since some/most of newly announced features are hardware dependent, they won't be coming to the iPad this year; like Face ID and the new animoji app in iMessages that depend on the new sensors and dedicated processor in the iPhone X (pronounced iPhone 10).
It's fine, I bought the Ipad just to read books, don't need animoji's, Face ID or any other fancy features, even though they're cool, my questions here are more of an Apple world learning mood.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's always good to keep an eye on the new stuff, even if you don't need it now. Eventually most of the new stuff will spread to the entire iOS line.

Anyway, there are lots of other iOS 11 goodies coming. Stay tuned.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You mean in the future patches to the 9/19 iOS 11?
That or existing features in the upcoming public release that have not yet surfaced. Especially with the two iPhone 8 models and the iPhone X. There will also be regular iOS 11 updates over the next year.

Last edited:

Most reactions