What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 10 Features

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 10 allows you to open two Safari tabs in Split View, if you have a compatible iPad.
IMG_3029.JPG

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Press and hold any link in Safari and you'll get an option to open the link in Split View:

7b671faba8d451bc017b7dcdc91ea464.jpg

I'm using the 12.7" iPad Pro...

Marilyn
You can also get to it by pressing and holding the overlapping pages icon at the top right of a page. Once split view is open, you can drag any tab from the left side over to the right side to open it in split view.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Out of interest, this doesn't work on my updated Air 1 I don't get the 'Split view' option.

I haven't updated the Pro 9.7 yet, but since it works for scifan57, I imagine it will work for me too when I update.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Last night, I upgraded my iPad Air 2 OTA w/o a problem - 'split view' works fine for me - thanks for the comments from Marilyn & Scifan.. - will do my wife's iPad Mini (one of the new retina ones) tonight and then her iPhone 6 the next night - THEN, macOS Sierra will be appearing - 3 more machines for me! Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of interest, this doesn't work on my updated Air 1 I don't get the 'Split view' option.

I haven't updated the Pro 9.7 yet, but since it works for scifan57, I imagine it will work for me too when I update.
iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4 and iPad Pro are the only devices where you can use Split View.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure this is the best thread for this post - but Apple has manuals for iOS 10, both iPhone and iPad versions (see below) - just downloaded the iBooks iPad manual to my Air 2 - Dave :)

P.S. I'm finding the 'Screen Capture' in this new iOS finicky - requires virtual simultaneous pressing of the two buttons - took me a couple of tries to get the image below - guess that I'll get use to the maneuver which I use a lot along w/ AirDrop.
IMG_6973.PNG

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also get to it by pressing and holding the overlapping pages icon at the top right of a page. Once split view is open, you can drag any tab from the left side over to the right side to open it in split view.

Hey, that's a real nice feature!

Most reactions

Latest posts