What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introductions i am said Sam .

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi to all , I'm Alan, and I have several ridiculous nicknames , however when you are stuck with for as many years as I you sorta get accustomed to, your real name fades to black . It don't bother me none to much , I will respond to any way. So I have the title
Of carrying the most used and go by Alan of course,and another,given first name that I
involuntarily react to without hesitation (like breathing ,,,,,...involuntary) is
MANIMAL . and before you start the gears turnin I'll say now it's not all that it implies.
I'm born and raised in south and am very proud to be from Alabama, and have the just oh so happy happy joy of now residing in the northern tundra of Boston ,Mass..and I'm
Not sure it was a blur. I am not only new to I pad forum I'm green to the ipad and well,
to the whole internet world of browsers, applications, devices ,anything pretty much that has ta do with a computer, (is this word even used any more?) and I'll try my best as not to bother all in problems that I have , or ones that may occur in future, and since I type a blazing speed of like 7 or 9 words per minute I hope that ones who can help me with are patient , understanding. Also I want to go ahead and thank those in not so much as being helpful and solution oriented, that's a given.. But more for patience with me.....From what I've read all seem to be great , good people with much wealth on knowledge that I am lacking , and as a master in electrical should ones who need help in this area am eager to do so , to simply .....well ...... Be helpful Thanx .. MANIMAL

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Alan/manimal:) and a warm welcome to this forum. Don't hesitate to ask about anything not clear about your iPad, and just go ahead and get involved with us in these forums. Our iPads is what it's all about.
There are lots of people here happy to attempt to answer any questions you may have; you'd be amazed at the depth of knowledge and willingness to assist. And it won't be long I bet that you will be answering them yourself.
Hope to hear further from you soon,
Regards, Andrew

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Alan -- greetings from the State of Michigan!

Welcome to the Forum! :)

Skimonkey ~

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Alan/manimal:) and a warm welcome to this forum. Don't hesitate to ask about anything not clear about your iPad, and just go ahead and get involved with us in these forums. Our iPads is what it's all about.
There are lots of people here happy to attempt to answer any questions you may have; you'd be amazed at the depth of knowledge and willingness to assist. And it won't be long I bet that you will be answering them yourself.
Hope to hear further from you soon,
Regards, Andrew
Hi Andrew,
Thank you for the welcome. It is good that you take some time out of ,
your busy day , for even just a few moments ,to sit down go through the motions , in the way that I for one find polite and respectful.
It reinforces the idea that it doesn't take much to be one of standards in
Making another feel welcomed.
Well Andrew I did make a post only a few moments ago and, as I was about to log off I saw my alert and thought , man these guys are fast with an answer , I mean no sooner than I clicked post ....bam ...answer.
But you know this is way better than answer to a jail break ethics Q.
I am excited about learning, and most of what I've read before I wanted in was the quality of folks I would be surrounding self with, and seeing from Boston, this good ..... Knowledgeable .....
Thanx again Andrew[/QUOTE]
REGARDS:A.GOODWIN

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello from Canada, Alan! Welcome to iPad Forums.
Hi in Canada ,
Thank you. I imagine you will soon be bombarded by
Opportunities to answer so many dumb Q's from me.
It's going to be cold soon and as a suthner who has moved from 70-78
Fun lovin degrees in Alabama to teeth bustin 15 tundra degrees in Boston ,I can only imagine the type of words used to describe the degrees where you are,....hu huu hu.... Thanks for welcome
You and 1other has already welcomed me and I find it admirable and the right thing in as just a simple Hello,,,, welcome......y'all seem great.
Thanks A.GOODWIN manimal

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Alan -- greetings from the State of Michigan!

Welcome to the Forum! :)

Skimonkey ~
Right on Skimonkey, and Great Michigan ,
I'm very thankful for your welcome. Sorta makes one feel ....Welcome.! in a word . Y'all seem really good at this forum .
I'm green in the world of internet and this is no exception, but you and others have represented themselves to me in a polite welcome that I can only have such a different respect for in a way merely by taking time to
Do so ..... Y'all sound really great. Now you wouldn't happen to be a
WOLVERINES fan by some unheard of remote chance would ya.
ROLL TIDE THANKS SKIMONEY
REGARDS: A. GOODWIN

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome on board from Australia. Enjoy our forums
Thank you sir. ,
I'm looking forward to enhancing others with such a bombardment,
of typical " green as a gord " novice questions. Well I'm sure I'm at the right place for answers, and if not we all can certainly have a laugh at the
how and where did GOODWIN fatham that one up... .....legitamatly.
As you in Australia I like the warmer weather and why an Alabamaian lives in Boston is one for pondering . It was whir......
THANKS COL. BRIS.
my best to you. A.GOODWIN

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right on Skimonkey, and Great Michigan ,
I'm very thankful for your welcome. Sorta makes one feel ....Welcome.! in a word . Y'all seem really good at this forum .
I'm green in the world of internet and this is no exception, but you and others have represented themselves to me in a polite welcome that I can only have such a different respect for in a way merely by taking time to
Do so ..... Y'all sound really great. Now you wouldn't happen to be a
WOLVERINES fan by some unheard of remote chance would ya.
ROLL TIDE THANKS SKIMONEY
REGARDS: A. GOODWIN

Again welcome A. Goodwin!

By the way...not a wolverine fan per se. I will route for them if they are playing for a bowl game or basketball finals...however, my heart is a Spartan Fan! Go Green...Go White! :)

Most reactions