What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing .ipa on my iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0t0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded an .ipa file directly on to my iPad. Is there an app that would install it? I used iDownload and it says it couldnt find an app to open it with.:confused:

OP
G

g0t0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
121 views and no help? wow...

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure no answer. You only get .ipa files via app store. So any .ipa just downloaded from the web would be illegal. And in this terms, it's not a discussion topic for a forum.

OP
G

g0t0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we advocate Jailbreaking, which gives you Cydia, which gives you (EDIT) and about 10 Repositories that Ive found to contain illegal downloads.

Its the whole "guns don't kill people. People Kill people. Don't blame the gun."

Believe me, I get it. I do buy all the programs I have permanent on my iPad. I use this process to try out the product prior to buying. Yes, some of them have free versions. But alot don't and I want to be satisfied with my 2.99 purchase.

Don't worry, Won't happen again. I'll find actual technical answers in a setting more conducive to my needs. Thanks for the name calling. "Go Apple!"

............whatever...........:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So we advocate Jailbreaking, which gives you Cydia, which gives you (EDIT) and about 10 Repositories that Ive found to contain illegal downloads.

Its the whole "guns don't kill people. People Kill people. Don't blame the gun."

Believe me, I get it. I do buy all the programs I have permanent on my iPad. I use this process to try out the product prior to buying. Yes, some of them have free versions. But alot don't and I want to be satisfied with my 2.99 purchase.

Don't worry, Won't happen again. I'll find actual technical answers in a setting more conducive to my needs. Thanks for the name calling. "Go Apple!"

............whatever...........:cool:

You are welcome, pirate. And for the record, Cydia does not deliberately ship with any repositories which host pirated software. These have to be added by pirates themselves... Jailbreak does NOT equal piracy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
and, for the record, Jailbreaking is NOT illegal, so it is discussed and promoted freely without fear or repercussion.

And you know, OP, from the tone of your posts, I would really doubt you have valid licenses and receipts for every piece of software (app or otherwise), movie or song on your PC/MAC/iPad.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing with nuclear technology. You can make energy and you can make bombs...

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before lynching people for bootlegging ipa files, consider the case of VLC, or many other unapproved apps that apple has turned their backs on

kettlecorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll help you out.

Drag and drop the ipa into itunes under Apps. And then sync your apps with your ipad apps and it should allow you to drag and drop as you please.

If it doent work, you might need to go into Cydia, go to sources and find appsync for your iOS version and install it.
there's a youtube vid on how to install IPA files. its not hard.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really want to say the easiest method of doing this but i know mods will either edit or close thread once i mention it. Lol. Its a single app from cydia and will fullfill all ur "testimg out of apps" needs. ;-) thats all i can say without violatimg forum rules as i really do like this forum. We have to respect forum rules, as not to make them look bad, bit in the same since, if we are jailbraking, which apple hates and does not condone, we should be able to talk about this topic. Only a very small percentage of people knlw of this. I was a noob to it and now an ipad master of it..lol good luck...keep searching n reading inbetween the lines and u will figure it out. Sorry i cant give details or name of app thatll fullfill those needs.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I really want to say the easiest method of doing this but i know mods will either edit or close thread once i mention it. Lol. Its a single app from cydia and will fullfill all ur "testimg out of apps" needs. ;-) thats all i can say without violatimg forum rules as i really do like this forum. We have to respect forum rules, as not to make them look bad, bit in the same since, if we are jailbraking, which apple hates and does not condone, we should be able to talk about this topic. Only a very small percentage of people knlw of this. I was a noob to it and now an ipad master of it..lol good luck...keep searching n reading inbetween the lines and u will figure it out. Sorry i cant give details or name of app thatll fullfill those needs.

Private message.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

Private message.
Ur sig is very funny with the 300 cams..lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts