What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing IOS 8.4 now....

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPhone 5C and iPad 2.

Apple's servers must be being hit fairly hard. Taking longer than most updates in the past.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I updated two hours after the update was available, and the process for my iPhone 6 plus and the iPad Air didn't take very long.

There are/were no issues visible on Apple's system status page.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated last Tuesday and later found out that I had a small problem. The music app would show all of my music regardless of the setting to show iTunes purchases was on or off. Did a restore and it fixed that problem.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated last Tuesday and later found out that I had a small problem. The music app would show all of my music regardless of the setting to show iTunes purchases was on or off. Did a restore and it fixed that problem.

Roy

Thanks for telling us about this and how you fixed it, it may help someone else with the same problem.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for telling us about this and how you fixed it, it may help someone else with the same problem.

Only thing is that if there were other problems that I had not discovered yet, they probably got fixed as well...

Roy

OP
Blue92

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting. I updated two hours after the update was available, and the process for my iPhone 6 plus and the iPad Air didn't take very long.

There are/were no issues visible on Apple's system status page.

I did iPhone and iPad at the same time and it took a bit over 90 minutes. Downloaded to iTunes then applied to devices.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated my iPad and iPhone over the air, and the whole process for both took about half an hour.

Most reactions

Latest posts