What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 8.4 or 9.1

Voodoochild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Earlier today i was experiencing freezes in safari on an ipad 2 running ios 6.1.
If the freezes return i may have to upgrade to a newer version of ios.

After hearing that ios 9 was all about bugfixes and speed improvements, i decided to wait for ios 9 and skip 8.4.
Judging from the posts on various webforums that may not have been the smartest decision since many (some?) people are experiencing lag o_O.

My questions are:
- How is ios 9 doing on your device? Is the general opinion that it's a step back in terms of speed?
- Should i install 8.4 while i still can? How long can i still install 8.4 on my ipad 2? Is it ease to install a previous version of ios?
- Should i perhaps wait for ios 9.1 instead?

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't updated to iOS 9 yet, but reading from other posts on iPad 2 with iOS 9 it seems to be a disaster.

For now the only option is 9 because if I am correct, Apple is not signing iOS 8 anymore.

Your only option is to install the newest version.

The choice is up to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts