What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing Android on the iPad

vb7ue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone has been able to, please post a step by step instructions on dual booting an ipad into android and iOS.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im definitely keeping an eye on this thread. My tilt 2 phone is set up for dual boot. Android froyo 2.2 or window mobile 6.5.1. I been running froyo on a non android native phone. Runs great. So im always into this type of stuff. Hopefully it will be simple like mines. It was just a cab install to the sd card and im running android..lmfao. All thnx to xda-forums of course, which im also a member of. ;-)

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that would be the coolest thing imaginable when it happens.

I do think it's going to happen, just quite possibly not for quite some time!

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want the Android OS on a pad, why not just get an Android tablet? i don't get it. Or is it just one of those because I can things?

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want the Android OS on a pad, why not just get an Android tablet? i don't get it. Or is it just one of those because I can things?

Definitely just a because I can thing... iOS will NEVER be able to run on an Android device (there are some pretty close skins though) but an iPhone 2G can run Android... Which in my opinion makes Apple devices far superior...

Last edited:

rossi636

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I cant help but to hack. Everyone knows Android OS is the better Os for development. Plus I didn't buy this thing. I'd rather a 9 in Android Tablet.

Last edited:

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Definitely just a because I can thing... iOS will NEVER be able to run on an Android device (there are some pretty close skins though) but an iPhone 2G can run Android... Which in my opinion makes Apple devices far superior...

Wait a sec... so because the Apple product will run the Android OS and not the other way around, that means the Apple product is better? First of all, why would anyone WANT to run the Apple OS on an Android? Developers who are into this kind of thing would have no use for something like that. That isn't a shot at Apple or anything, I'm just saying there would be no value in running the Apple OS on anything but an Apple product. Even then, the best thing you can do is get the Android OS on it if you want to develop.

I'm definitely looking forward to the new Android tablets that are coming out. As soon as I can get one running 2.2 with at least the 1ghz processor, this iPad is going on eBay. I'll probably wait for another year so some Android tablet apps can be developed, but that won't take long for the ones I use on a regular basis.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
dont know where your getting that android is better for development.... Did you just make that up?

as a developer I can say that developing apps for iOS is better then for android.

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get it if u put a full android os on iPad won't that make it slower.

Most reactions

Latest posts