What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

android on ipad 2

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will openiboot get updated at some point to run android on the ipad 2? i am a new apple user but long time android user and developer. i love android on my phones but kinda like apple as far as tablets go. would really love to run a dual boot setup on the ipad 2.

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am am new to apple and was just wondering if it was possible. Still getting use to it as I have owned a droid phone since they first came out so bare with me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will openiboot get updated at some point to run android on the ipad 2? i am a new apple user but long time android user and developer. i love android on my phones but kinda like apple as far as tablets go. would really love to run a dual boot setup on the ipad 2.

When your feet get cold you'll know that hell is freezing over. Shortly after what you're looking for will be released. :)

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Listen guys not starting a pissing match was just asking a question. Saw a video on YouTube of android running on ipads. I am very familiar with android and very new to apple and I was just curious. Android on a ipad 2 would be a beast because the A5 and the rest of the hardware is pretty much way better than samsungs current tegra 2 Inside the galaxy tab

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Listen guys not starting a pissing match was just asking a question. Saw a video on YouTube of android running on ipads. I am very familiar with android and very new to apple and I was just curious. Android on a ipad 2 would be a beast because the A5 and the rest of the hardware is pretty much way better than samsungs current tegra 2 Inside the galaxy tab

Didn't mean to engage in a pissing match. Frankly, I misread your original post and assumed you were asking if Android would be released on Apple products. That was the basis of my comment. I remain skeptical about how an "overlay" supporting Android apps is likely to be but I'm always happy to see hackers engaged in their hobby.

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect thanks

If you're jailbroken, check out Dreamboard and HoneyPad. I'm amazed how well it runs on my iPad2. You still have access to all of your normal applications, but I love the extended screen and it's new interactive widgets.

HoneyPad for iPad Brings Android Honeycomb To Your iPad | iPhoneMonsta.com

I believe it was $3.99 well spent. Plus you can jump back to normal iOS anytime you wish.

This is mainly for looks of an Android Tablet, the functions are fairly minimal. I have used various Android tablets and the HoneyPad theme does (can) not include many functioning aspects of the Android equivalent.

It is still a very commendable piece of work by the developer.

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i really wish openiboot would be updated for ipad2 on ios 5.0.1 it would be super cool to have a dual boot setup on the ipad 2

Most reactions