What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Initial Accessories Pricing

mikerm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to iLounge:

Keyboard dock: $70
Case: $40,
SD/USB connection kit: $30
VGA display adapter: $30 (1024x768 only).

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The pricing seems very reasonable, but I'm sure users would have hoped for some of accessories be included with the iPad right out of the box :)

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know how portable the keyboard dock will be?

It doesn't look portable at all. For a small media device to surf the net, grab email, and such things I would think they would make a lot accessories very portable.

Cya

cfw123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A camera accessory was listed at announcement, but nothing further, and also haven't seen a price for it. Does anone know?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this might be it:

iPad Camera Connection Kit ($29)

The Camera Connection Kit consists of a pair of dongles that will plug in to your dock, or into the 30-pin connector port at the base of your iPad.

One dongle will allow you to import photos directly from your camera’s USB cable, while the other will let you pull content from an SD card. Juggling the pair of to handle such mundane tasks is disappointing, to say nothing of having to pony up $30 for the inconvenience.

A camera accessory was listed at announcement, but nothing further, and also haven't seen a price for it. Does anone know?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to iLounge:

Everything is a reasonable price but the case is a bit too pricey.I was hoping for a 20-30 price value.

@Dan: You dont think the case isnt a tad pricey?

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have a wireless keyboard I use with my iMac. I understand it can be used with the iPad. But, will it work when the iPad is in a dock for recharging.
By the way, I think I paid $75 for the wireless keyboard. Got it as my iMac was set up on an old TV cart in the den next to my Barcalounge. So, that way I didn't have to get tangled up with a cord. Worked out well for that. Now, I am set up on a desk again, and I'm still using the wireless keyboard. Just got used to it, and really don't miss the tangle of wires.

scotty frank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to iLounge:

This is exactly "Apple Prices"...:D

Yes sir lol. I think that the dock should have just been available with the iPad in the box....but wait....thats not good business and marketing...and it would be to easy....
squinty.jpg

Last edited:

Dallasfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its all about the Accessories and apps.thats where they will make the billions.....lol please apple give us a bite of something for free.....please

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FGive me that for free

its all about the Accessories and apps.thats where they will make the billions.....lol please apple give us a bite of something for free.....please

LoL
Apple will give you for free the choice to buy or don't buy their product's .... other than this except this not so many things will be free from Apple , just the right to admire it in you're local Apple store :D

Most reactions

Latest posts