What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iNewbie from California

charriga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad seemed like the product I've been waiting for (tablet, fairly light, lap friendly for relaxing, and an escape from the machines where I do real work). I haven't had a lot of exposure to Apple products, so don't have the background that iPhone users have. Apps are a new concept for me.

I'm already finding that I don't know enough to use this product to potential and truly enjoy it. A few internet searches for forums showed that most are inactive or full of spam. This one seems to be active, friendly, and proactive against spammers.

I'll lurk and learn more than I will participate, but it's nice to have a place I can ask questions if I have any that others don't ask first.

Cheryl

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome Cheryl from another Cheryl. I hung out and read without signing up for weeks. Enjoy!

OP
C

charriga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Cheryl. :)

I think I'm going to love my new toy. It's easy to use, but figuring out what to use it for is where I'm going to need help. It looks like there's lots of good info and friendly people here.

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome Charriga. Lots of iPads have been sold in CA. There are two in our house. I started my day from bed, updating my calendar and emailing from my iPad. Then I went to the hot tub. Probably not a good idea to take the iPad to the hot tub -- just a tip from one Californian to another.

OP
C

charriga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I definitely need to get a planner app. I'm way past due for making it a habit to use one.

You've given me a vision of starting the day of starting the day in bed with a mound of pillows, coffee, and the iPad. Summer vacation just started, and that sounds like an ideal way to start the day for the next few months.

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I that sounds like an awesome way to start the day. BTW, I just use the Calendar app as my planner; however you may need something more high powered. I use Google Calendars and sync via their free Exchange service so my calendars are the same across devices and it is Web accessible, too. I love that I can use multiple calendars that way.

Your mound of pillows gives a whole new meaning to "cloud computing", lol.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts