What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

imovie on ipad2 can ONLY edit ipad videos

Benca1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is from my camcorder....
Video Camera Features HD Video Recording: The TM90 records high definition motion images at a 1920 x 1080 resolution onto the built-in 16 GB memory or an inserted SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. The camera records audio in Dolby Digital 2-channel audio using the built-in microphone. If the video is going to be uploaded to a Mac, it is recommended that it be recorded in the iFrame format with 2-channel AAC audio (960 x 540 resolution).
Recording Capacity: The built-in memory and SD/SDHC/SDXC cards have the following capacity at each recording mode:

Notice Iframe on the right hand side and the sentence up top...! and this to read below
iFrame
28 Mbps 960x540

Recording Formats: This camera captures video in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVCHD compliant) format with Dolby Digital 2-channel audio. iFrame recording uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (.MP4) format with AAC audio compression. (iFrame is a format suitable for Mac (iMovie'11).) Still images are recorded in JPEG compression.

so would think this would work on ipad via imove 11

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may try to save $180 by skipping on the Mino. Stadard definition from the Canon 5D MkII looks pretty good edited on the iPad. It's just now as easy to bring around on vacation. This is a video I found recently.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVYChi23qI"]YouTube - (test) Ryan and iPad2 (4/3/11)[/ame]

Notice Iframe on the right hand side and the sentence up top...! and this to read below
iFrame
28 Mbps 960x540

so would think this would work on ipad via imove 11

I've seen this wording on a lot of newer cameras claiming to be fully compatible with iMovie. You will only know the full truth until you try it yourself or find somebody to demonstrate the exact same gear. The Flip Mino is the only camera I know that will work without software conversion.

macfrankencow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zi8 video working on iMovie for iPad w/o using a PC

For what it's worth, I've got video from my zi8 working on iMovie2 for iPad/iPhone, WITHOUT using an intermediary PD/MAC

I installed FFMPEG onto my iPad via Cydia, and from the command line via the iSSH app, I did the following:

* for the WGA video, I did a video passthrough, but resampled the audio at 44100:

ffmpeg -i 944_0798.MOV -vcodec copy -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128k output.MOV

rm 944_0798.MOV

mv output.MOV 944_0798.MOV

This worked like a charm, and the video clip then imported into iMovie for iPad flawlessly.

* for the 720p video, I lowered the bitrate (to match the WGA bitrate) *and* resampled the audio. This was slow as molasses (2 frames per sec in the conversion), and the resulting video looked like crap (granted, I'm not super familiar with ffmpeg, so my settings may be off), but the crappy result BOTH played in the photos app *and* imported into iMovie2.

For now, though I'll just shoot in WGA and resample the audio, as that is feasible directly on the iPad.

Maybe someone can run with this, or write a simple app for Cydia that automates these conversions????

-Tim

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently on vacation in England. I've been editing photos and Flip Mino 720p video in iMovie. When I find wifi, I'm able to upload HD video. Using 3G only allows SD uploads.

I hope Apple changes the restriction so I can eliminate the Flip and just use the Canon 7D for video.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
poker said:
I'm currently on vacation in England. I've been editing photos and Flip Mino 720p video in iMovie. When I find wifi, I'm able to upload HD video. Using 3G only allows SD uploads.

I hope Apple changes the restriction so I can eliminate the Flip and just use the Canon 7D for video.

You picked a good time to come to England, it is actually warm and sunny lol

Well, at least it is in yorkshire

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
SweetPoison said:
I live in Cali. Rain? What is that? Actually ~ it rained yesterday.:)

In that case, it should be me saying I wanna come, it rains more than it is sunny :(

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But isn't that the specialness of UK. BEAUTIFUL ROLLING GREEN COUNTRYSIDE. It needs the rain. Although I agree, sun is good, very good. Having a great Easter weekend - hot cross buns, choc eggs tomorrow, fish yesterday, and sun. Yay!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If we could only find a way to ensure it only rained at night - then that would be the perfect solution....

Tim

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
If we could only find a way to ensure it only rained at night - then that would be the perfect solution....

Tim

Tim for the position of the weather god :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, if I could have rain at night, make it so Tim. How is that rain at night dance coming on Tim. It was would save me watering twice a day from the water butts.

Most reactions

Latest posts