What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMessage

lepagek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Am new at the iPad2 and cannot get iMessage to work
The send button will not activate

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Am new at the iPad2 and cannot get iMessage to work
The send button will not activate

Assuming that you have iMessage set up correctly.
The send button will not activate unless you are sending the message to a person on an iMessage enabled device. If you are just simply sending a message to a random email address you are out of luck.

OP
L

lepagek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what is a valid device? Just another iPad or iPad2
IPhone 4? IPhone 4s?

OP
L

lepagek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And if I find someone with a devices can iMessage to how do I address it to them?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lepagek said:
So what is a valid device? Just another iPad or iPad2
IPhone 4? IPhone 4s?

Any device running iOS 5

lepagek said:
And if I find someone with a devices can iMessage to how do I address it to them?

Just pick their name out of your contacts.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On their end, they have to have set up iMessage to receive at the email address you choose. I believe the default email from Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars is set up automatically when Messages is enabled (but am not sure). So it's probably whatever email address you are used to using with them.

You can set up multiple email address to receive iMessage on your device.; in it in Settings > Messages > Receive At.

punka9er

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to delete someone out of a group iMessage or do we have to start a new group?

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you are not typing in the subject line ( which I did by mistake.). The blue send button will not work that way.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that it will send messages to iOS5 devices even if their imessage is not turned on, if they have texting available. I tried it with a friend's iPhone and we held several conversations.

Most reactions