What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Giradman......how beautiful your garden is with so many flowers!

It must be so lovely wandering around your garden and the scent must be just heaven!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed all the bees on your daisies, is the hive nearby?

There are some allotments less than half a mile away, as the bee flies. I expect there are some hives there. Also, we get loads of bumble bees in the garden, and they will nest anywhere.

The bumble bee is a species protected by law. This means that you cannot disturb their nests. Who would want to anyway, bumble bees do not sting or attack when threatened.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your garden is fabulous, Giradman. Your azaleas are stunning. Is your soil acidic, or do you have to mulch the beds with bark chippings to feed them?

Keep those photos coming. :). Have you checked out the gardening thread yet? ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks ALL for your comments - not really a 'garden' but shrubs, bushes, and trees around our property in the front, back, & sides. The azaleas prefer slightly acidic soil and need to be pruned - the blooming lasts about 3-4 weeks (wish the time was much longer!) - caring for all of these plants is to much for me @ my age (also have other things to do like traveling & woodworking to mention a few) - SO, we have a gardening service - the shrubs & bushes were just pruned a week or so ago. A couple more pics below of some azaleas in bloom & post-blooming - along our back deck & porch (remodeled a few years ago). Dave :)

Spring13_1.jpg Deck_Porch1.jpg

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
LOVE all the photos guys! I am especially fond of the bumblebee's as we rarely see them anymore in our local gardens. They all seem to be busy pollinating the crops for food. And all of the wonderful colors of the gardens in bloom, just beautiful . Thanks for posting everyone.

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOVE all the photos guys! I am especially fond of the bumblebee's as we rarely see them anymore in our local gardens. They all seem to be busy pollinating the crops for food. And all of the wonderful colors of the gardens in bloom, just beautiful . Thanks for posting everyone.

My family sees them all the time. My dad was going to check if there was a hive behind the backyard. He still hasn't done it...

OP
Iriana

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On research trip this Skate was found. It's a large bottom fish. I'm awed by it's face. This was near Ushagat island, Alaska.

image.jpg

This is what Skate looks like.

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Iriana

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's something you don't see everyday. Is it a rare type of fish?

No, you don't see them everyday. I don't know whether it's rare or not. I'd have to ask my husband but he's out on another research expedition, so I can't. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks like a guy with a monster suit on....ick! :)

OP
Iriana

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This large porcupine is often seen to go underneath the our log cabin's porch. I don't mind having it around as it has not eaten any of my plants or trees. Live and let live...:)

image.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts