What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They just installed some new parking meters in our downtown. They run on solar power and take credit cards as well as coins.
image.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hey Bob - below an aerial view of Uxmal w/ the pyramid and the other buildings - as I recall this was one of the better preserved (and/or restored) of the Mayan ruins that we've seen (went to Tulum on the coast later than our first trip - medical meeting to Cancun).

But, we took 2 day trips from Merida to Uxmal/Kabah & Chichen Itza - had a private guide named Dr. Zapata - so personal all day adventures w/ an excellent knowledgeable teacher - Dave :)
uxmalpuuc_s1.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey Bob - below an aerial view of Uxmal w/ the pyramid and the other buildings - as I recall this was one of the better preserved (and/or restored) of the Mayan ruins that we've seen (went to Tulum on the coast later than our first trip - medical meeting to Cancun).

But, we took 2 day trips from Merida to Uxmal/Kabah & Chichen Itza - had a private guide named Dr. Zapata - so personal all day adventures w/ an excellent knowledgeable teacher - Dave :)
View attachment 64575

Yes. I'm glad you got there. It's one of my favorite Mayan ruins. It's been lovingly restored too, and off the main tourist tracks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. I'm glad you got there. It's one of my favorite Mayan ruins. It's been lovingly restored too, and off the main tourist tracks.

Just noticed that you gave me a 'Dislike' for my last post on Uxmal - assume that was just clicking on the wrong icon? Dave :)

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stapelia Gigantea -- we call it Star Cactus. This one is from my neighbor's yard. The flower is about I ft / .3 m across. It smells like rotting flesh and is pollinated by flies.

image.jpg

It doesn't tolerate freezing temperatures, but then ,neither do I. That's whi I live in South Florida:)

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just noticed that you gave me a 'Dislike' for my last post on Uxmal - assume that was just clicking on the wrong icon? Dave :)

Oops! Fat fingers. Thanks for the heads-up. I fixed it to what I meant to do in the first place.

Sorry about that Dave.

Bob

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They just installed some new parking meters in our downtown. They run on solar power and take credit cards as well as coins. View attachment 64571
I assume there would still be a "sticker licker" issuing a ticket for overstaying the time, or would the credit card be debited automatically without any human intervention? Ya gotta love technology:p
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I assume there would still be a "sticker licker" issuing a ticket for overstaying the time, or would the credit card be debited automatically without any human intervention? Ya gotta love technology:p
Andrew
Correct, parking enforcement would still have to manually give you a ticket as the meter doesn't know the licence plate number of your car.

Most reactions

Latest posts