What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, parking enforcement would still have to manually give you a ticket as the meter doesn't know the licence plate number of your car.
Thanks sci, I was thinking along the lines of maybe the number plate being photographed, like they do via red light cameras at road intersections, and thereby saving costs. Oh well, it keeps some vitally important people in employment:p.
Andrew

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I took a walk along the Torrens River which runs through the Adelaide CBD. Here are few pics I thought I'd share, not too many I hope.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431327362.724046.jpg

I walked through the Adelaide University...here the back gates of the campus facing the river.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431327486.050523.jpg

There's a footbridge across the river opposite the Uni. I still remember helping to hang a VW Beetle from it in my last year there on "prosh day", when all students go wild at end of study year.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431327717.856146.jpg

The river has three tourist boats plying up and down...Popeye 1, 2 and 3.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431327879.156151.jpg

There are quite a few boat sheds on the southern side of the river, this one a rather garish example, belonging to one of the colleges.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431327974.122928.jpg

Also on the southern side is our Entertainment Centre complex with the old 1880s rotundra, by which on the extensive lawns Carols by Candlight and other events are held .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431328071.634608.jpg

Nearby were a bunch of school kids visiting the river going through some exercises, .... some birds looking on in amazement.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431328193.545594.jpg

On the northern side of the river is our new football/cricket stadium, built at a cost of AUD 670 million.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431328305.746848.jpg

A rather swish footbridge, at cost of $40 million was also build to accommodate the sporting crowds.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431328439.643325.jpg

A bunch of boats for hire by Jolly's Boathouse (now an upmarket restaurant) I took these to enjoy the colour.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431328540.925014.jpg

Adelaide's new hospital can be seen viewing west from the sports stadium...nearly finished. It's going to be "state of the art" stuff, we're told.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431328720.717633.jpg

Last shot of the River Torrens, as we call it, before walking back to Rundle Mall for a spot of lunch. It was a nice day to take my camera for a walk:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I took a walk along the Torrens River which runs through the Adelaide CBD. Here are few pics I thought I'd share, not too many I hope.
View attachment 64578
I walked through the Adelaide University...here the back gates of the campus facing the river.
View attachment 64579
There's a footbridge across the river opposite the Uni. I still remember helping to hang a VW Beetle from it in my last year there on "prosh day", when all students go wild at end of study year.
View attachment 64580
The river has three tourist boats plying up and down...Popeye 1, 2 and 3.
View attachment 64581
There are quite a few boat sheds on the southern side of the river, this one a rather garish example, belonging to one of the colleges.
View attachment 64582
Also on the southern side is our Entertainment Centre complex with the old 1880s rotundra, by which on the extensive lawns Carols by Candlight and other events are held .
View attachment 64583
Nearby were a bunch of school kids visiting the river going through some exercises, .... some birds looking on in amazement.
View attachment 64584
On the northern side of the river is our new football/cricket stadium, built at a cost of AUD 670 million.
View attachment 64585
A rather swish footbridge, at cost of $40 million was also build to accommodate the sporting crowds.
View attachment 64586
A bunch of boats for hire by Jolly's Boathouse (now an upmarket restaurant) I took these to enjoy the colour.
View attachment 64587
Adelaide's new hospital can be seen viewing west from the sports stadium...nearly finished. It's going to be "state of the art" stuff, we're told.
View attachment 64588
Last shot of the River Torrens, as we call it, before walking back to Rundle Mall for a spot of lunch. It was a nice day to take my camera for a walk:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk
Very good photos of Adelaide, Andrew. In regards to the car hanging stunt, here's one that happened at the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Osprey on it's nest in the Evergades N.P. - They forage by diving into the water and catching large fish in their talons. Then they go to a nearby tree limb to dine.

I like to take pictures of wildlife.

View attachment 64594
You got a nice photo of the Osprey keeping watch over its nest. Do they use the same nest every year?

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You got a nice photo of the Osprey keeping watch over its nest. Do they use the same nest every year?

Mostly yes. Although sometimes storms or nearby construction makes that impractical.

I believe ospreys are the only bird that nests on every continent but Antarctica.

We live near a lagoon and get to see them every day. Most of the time when they hit the water, they come up empty handed (empty-taloned?). A big splash, emerging while shaking the water off the wings in flight, and off to another try. When they do catch one, they fly off with some very big fish (good day for the bird, bad day for the fish).

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bob - we saw a number of ospreys on our recent trip to Hilton Head Island - one of the guides had a video of the bird fishing from YouTube on his phone - link HERE - the second one is pretty amazing, i.e. the osprey spotting a camouflaged flounder on the bottom - Dave :)

P.S. I'm sure many are not clicking on the link above, so embedded the video below - take a look - pretty amazing!

Last edited:

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's one great video, Dave. I've never been that lucky (or good) and the ospreys around here don't have huge schools to pick so I guess they aren't that lucky either :D

Thanks for the great wildlife pictures.

Here is a of Great Blue Herons (Ardea herodias) - relative to the Eurasian Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea).

Great Blue 2014-11-16d small.jpg

Great Blue 2014-11-16c small.jpg

Last edited:

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's the difference between myself and a pro ;) I'd be moving the other way and not think about the picture.

Most reactions

Latest posts