What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A photo I took on the way to work.
image.jpg

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A photo I took on the way to work.View attachment 64609
Love that photo sci but have no idea what it is. An alien spacecraft landed in Regina, can't be, only Johanna gets them cruising over Austria:). You dropped your new Apple Watch on the pavement? Nah! Wait, it's one of those new electronic bug zappers reflecting off a wall? Gosh, I don't know, but I like the photo; makes a great wallpaper.:rolleyes:
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love that photo sci but have no idea what it is. An alien spacecraft landed in Regina, can't be, only Johanna gets them cruising over Austria:). You dropped your new Apple Watch on the pavement? Nah! Wait, it's one of those new electronic bug zappers reflecting off a wall? Gosh, I don't know, but I like the photo; makes a great wallpaper.:rolleyes:
Andrew
It's a light on the outside of a parking structure behind our city hall.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andrew
Well now that you mention it.
image.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sunrise at the end of my street. Taken with my phone so the colors are a little washed out.
View attachment 64611

On your iPhone?

Hint, tap and hold on a lighter portion of the picture, say the sky, but not right on the sun. This will change the exposure level, emphasize the sunset colors and deepen the shadows. Once the AE Lock is on you can reframe the photo without changing the exposure.

Try this on any photo where you think your sky is too washed out, or the shadows too dark. Tap-hold on dark parts of the picture to increase exposure, and light parts of the picture to decrease it.

Basically, you lock the exposure to the part of the picture you most want to emphasize.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I just returned from a 2-night trip a couple hours up the road into southern Virginia (VA) to try out a small resort that was written up in our local newspaper late last year - the place is the Berry Hill Resort, a small convention resort (about 100 rooms) - site of an historic planation of the same name - the mansion house was built in the early 1840s, thus ante-bellum and is in beautiful condition - the nice restaurant is located there.

Location is just outside of South Boston, VA off HW 360 (blue arrow on map), which we've taken numerous times going to Richmond, VA - the property is a joy to explore - old slave ruins, family grave site, and Civil War tent reenactments - on the way back we stop @ the Tank Museum in Danville, VA (another historic VA city - last capital of the Confederacy as Jefferson Davis was fleeing Richmond in early 1865).

Pics below (most are mine of the Berry Hill property) - the Mansion house which is felt to be one of the best examples of Greek Revival architecture in the state, if not in the country (cannot vouch for the latter); the convention center hotel where we stayed (there are several suites in the old mansion) on the intermediate level; several images of slave ruins; the family cemetery; a tent w/ an early Confederate flag (could not count the stars which is important!); a map showing where South Boston is located relative to Danville; and a view of the inside of the Tank Museum - NOW, this is a gigantic place and there were 3 other similar spaces containing all sorts of military vehicles (i.e. not just tanks) from different wars (WWI, WWII, and later). If you are into military history, armory, and love tanks, this is a MUST visit if in the area - Dave :)

P.S. I would have done a travelogue but just would not have been that many posts.
Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 9.00.40 PM.png
BerryHill1.JPG
BerryHill2.JPG
BerryHill3.JPG
BerryHill4.JPG
BerryHill5.JPG
BerryHill6.JPG
main-exhibit-hall.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Susan & I just returned from a 2-night trip a couple hours up the road into southern Virginia (VA) to try out a small resort that was written up in our local newspaper late last year - the place is the Berry Hill Resort, a small convention resort (about 100 rooms) - site of an historic planation of the same name - the mansion house was built in the early 1840s, thus ante-bellum and is in beautiful condition - the nice restaurant is located there.

Location is just outside of South Boston, VA off HW 360 (blue arrow on map), which we've taken numerous times going to Richmond, VA - the property is a joy to explore - old slave ruins, family grave site, and Civil War tent reenactments - on the way back we stop @ the Tank Museum in Danville, VA (another historic VA city - last capital of the Confederacy as Jefferson Davis was fleeing Richmond in early 1865).

Pics below (most are mine of the Berry Hill property) - the Mansion house which is felt to be one of the best examples of Greek Revival architecture in the state, if not in the country (cannot vouch for the latter); the convention center hotel where we stayed (there are several suites in the old mansion) on the intermediate level; several images of slave ruins; the family cemetery; a tent w/ an early Confederate flag (could not count the stars which is important!); a map showing where South Boston is located relative to Danville; and a view of the inside of the Tank Museum - NOW, this is a gigantic place and there were 3 other similar spaces containing all sorts of military vehicles (i.e. not just tanks) from different wars (WWI, WWII, and later). If you are into military history, armory, and love tanks, this is a MUST visit if in the area - Dave :)

P.S. I would have done a travelogue but just would not have been that many posts.
View attachment 64622 View attachment 64623 View attachment 64624 View attachment 64625 View attachment 64626 View attachment 64627 View attachment 64628 View attachment 64629
Great pictures!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 64622 View attachment 64623 View attachment 64624 View attachment 64625 View attachment 64626 View attachment 64627 View attachment 64628 View attachment 64629
Very interesting post Dave, depicting fascinating architecture etc.
If I was a "southern gentleman" my house would have those same columns.:D
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts