What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm using my laptop right now.

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simply out of guilt. I'm curious the path other ipad users have taken. I've seen a number of us (small number, but a number) are cross platform users. Anyone else found the perfect 'for now' combo?

I got an HTC EVO...my netbook usage suffered, as did my laptop usage.

I added an archos 70, my netbook hasn't been seen since.

I added the ipad...the poor laptop is lonely.

I no longer need anything mobile or portable besides my two tablets (they each serve a purpose to me) and my phone. My desktop/HTPC blows them all away if I need something intense. For regular everyday use...once I find the perfect BT keyboard, the laptop is dead to me. My solution isn't perfect, but it really is much easier for me. The few limitations aren't stopping me.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simply out of guilt. I'm curious the path other ipad users have taken. I've seen a number of us (small number, but a number) are cross platform users. Anyone else found the perfect 'for now' combo?

I got an HTC EVO...my netbook usage suffered, as did my laptop usage.

I added an archos 70, my netbook hasn't been seen since.

I added the ipad...the poor laptop is lonely.

I no longer need anything mobile or portable besides my two tablets (they each serve a purpose to me) and my phone. My desktop/HTPC blows them all away if I need something intense. For regular everyday use...once I find the perfect BT keyboard, the laptop is dead to me. My solution isn't perfect, but it really is much easier for me. The few limitations aren't stopping me.

I was interested to read your post and I think we are like minded. Your combination of computing platforms sounds ideal. For many of us, the iPad has replaced a significant proportion of what we used to do on our laptops and PCs but not everything - and it was never intended by Apple that it should be any other way, I think.

I have a folding Bluetooth keyboard that I bought from Amazon. It's great to take around with the iPad - folds up really small and then is kept in a faux leather case. It has a few iPad dedicated keys - Home, Volume Up/Down, Next Track, Last Track etc - but is clearly much easier to type on than using the on-screen keyboard and more compact for taking around than the Apple Bluetooth keyboard.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts