What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm sure you have all thought of this..

manoflaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so what I am referring to is actually disabling touch input through a toggle somehow. It's hard to hold the device in your lap whiled watching a movie without occasionally brushing against one of the corners of the screen.

I think that this could easily be incorporated into a settings app (sbsettings) or something similar so you can set up physical switch toggles or possible employ the accelerometer (shake up and down three times etc.)

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to a acheive this?

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there is any way to do this. When i watch movies, I wedge the iPad into a pillow sitting on my stomach and can pretty much hold it there without touching it. Real high tech, eh?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have extremely wide thumbs? I haven't noticed accidental brushing of the screen as a problem, ever.

Most reactions

Latest posts