What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

im dissapointed in the lack of quality control on ipad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i know lots with still ipad and no plans on upgrading. the ipad just doesnt have any of the hardware issues on ipad 2.

ive seen and played with at least 15 ipad 2's and all had backlight bleed. at least half had either yellow tinting or deadl pixels. 2 had the glue seperating issue.

ive played with over 20 ipads including all my friends ipads and not one has any of these issues.

smarten up apple.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i know lots with still ipad and no plans on upgrading. the ipad just doesnt have any of the hardware issues on ipad 2.

ive seen and played with at least 15 ipad 2's and all had backlight bleed. at least half had either yellow tinting or deadl pixels. 2 had the glue seperating issue.

ive played with over 20 ipads including all my friends ipads and not one has any of these issues.

smarten up apple.

My original iPad had backlight bleed, my iPad 2 has no backlight bleed or any other hardware issues.

One of Apple's display manufacturers had apparently been supplying faulty displays.

LG Display blamed for iPad 2 shortage, Chimei due in May | Electronista

But faulty hardware is replaced by Apple with no problems, as many times as it takes to get a good one so it's not a big problem. Apple has even been replacing iPads that users have dropped and broken, even though they aren't required to.

Apple sounds like they are already pretty smart! :)

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may be overstating a problem here

I have "Played with" as you say more than a dozen iPad2s and never have personally seen the problem you refer to. Obviously it is a real problem for some, according to what I read. Also, according to what I read, Apple has immediately and cheerfully exchanged the faulty iPad 2 and they have identified and resolved the supplier problem.

I have also seen a Rolls Royce pulled over to the side of Interstate 66 with the hood up and steam pouring out. I suspect that Rolls fixed that right away as well.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

smarten up apple.

Are you ever happy? Content?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Eeyore's gloomy place is filled with broken iPads.....obviously foxconn rejects have entered the market.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score

smarten up apple.

I bought two iPad2's.
In a twisted sort of way, wish I knew what you were talking about.
How many million sold?
Life is too short to live it dissapointed.

Reaction score
I have yet to see a bad iPad like I keep reading about. Model 1 or 2. I'm not saying they aren't there, just that I've not seen yet.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've certainly found things to complain about with my new iPad 2 (my first apple product other than my 10 year old daughters iPod touch) but QC is definitely not one of them.

I am VERY impressed with the hardware quality of the iPad 2 (and I'm fussy, if mine wasn't perfect it would have gone back immediately)

Hup55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 works great no problems at all with screen or anything else. The fit and finish is second to none.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score

smarten up apple.

Bought two 2s last week, both perfect. Maybe you make your own luck? :(

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue is a small one mainly happened to batches of the first ipad2 the issue is resolved by replacement and in addition Apple has resolved the manufacture problem.

Apples QA is the best in the industry considering the sheer volume of ipds, iPods and iPhones not to mention the full computer line the number of complaints is so small it is not funny.

Every manufacture can have issues take INTEL for example the recent recall of computers world wide regarding Sandy bridge processors, the cost 1.2 billion dollars and total loss of business for 3
months even now many manufactures still have not got new stock Sometimes many read to many articles on the net about issues and blow them out of proportion.

Regard to playing with iPads I don't need to for two reasons I have many satisfied customers with both iPad and ipad2 in addition our stores sell the ipad2 and non have been returned or complaints made regarding the product.

Last edited:

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 2 at Best Buy on launch day. It has a slight light leakage problem around the bottom corner edges. Not a problem during the day, but when reading with the Kindle app at night with the black background and white text, it's quite noticeable to me. Do you think an Apple store would replace it because of this?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 and one I returned for more GBs both have / had minor light bleeding. I doubt I would have ever noticed if I hadn't heard about the problem. I had to go into a dark room, crank up the brightness setting while viewing a black Web page to notice.

Both of those iPad 2s have / had a yellow tint as well. As it happens, the tint doesn't bother me. I like that it makes the screen dimmer than my iPad 1's, which I think is too bright.

I haven't bothered checking my iPad 1 for light bleed, because if I didn't notice anything for a year, I'm not going to sweat it now.

My husband's iPad 1 has the same yellow tint as my iPad 2. Doesn't bother him, either.

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have "Played with" as you say more than a dozen iPad2s and never have personally seen the problem you refer to. Obviously it is a real problem for some, according to what I read. Also, according to what I read, Apple has immediately and cheerfully exchanged the faulty iPad 2 and they have identified and resolved the supplier problem.

I have also seen a Rolls Royce pulled over to the side of Interstate 66 with the hood up and steam pouring out. I suspect that Rolls fixed that right away as well.

No need to make excuses for Apple. This was a big screw-up on their part as they rushed these to market. My iPad 2 has the LCD bleeding issue and yes its a big deal. Apple prides themselves on build quality and these is one of those QC issues that should have been noticed. ****-- do you see a high fallout (anything over 1% would be considered high fallout in the tech industry for something that sells as much as the iPad 2) for RR's? If you had extremely rare examples of LCD bleeding then you'd have a point, but there are plenty of people with the issue. The Apple store I visited last night said they were well aware of it and knew about the issue "all too well".

By the way, what kind of speedy replacement are you talking about? It'll be over 3 weeks till they get a new one for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts