What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a little worried

MRCONYERS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the ipad 2 WiFi only. The speed seem to get slower since the new ipad came out. I get at least 40 MBPS with 5 MBPS upload from my internet carrier. Has anyone else experience this ?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean when the new Update came out versus the new iPad came out?

Have you tried to restart your iPad? Press the power switch until the iPad turns off.

Than turn back and see if it helped. Let us know if that helped. If not, you may even want to reset your iPad. Hold the power switch and home button at the same time.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
yes, what do you mean? you need to re-phrase that question, its very confusing.

you only have an ipad2 wifi and it's gotten slower since apple released ipad3? if this is the case it's nothing to do with ipad3. the ipad3 has no influense on existing apple products. and those speeds you quoted are damn good.

so yes, your post isnt making sense as it is.

OP
MRCONYERS

MRCONYERS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My post was meant to say that with an internet speed of 40 mbps my ipad seem really sluggish. I'm happy to say that after the reset it is working much better.

Abidderman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you close apps after using them? Use the home button by pressing it twice quickly and at the bottom you will see all the open apps with red x's next to them. Press on the red x to close them. This could be what is closing slowdown. Also make sure everything is not using location services unless you really need it. This also will cause slowdown. My wife's iPad became slower until I showed her she had a gazillion things running and location on for all of them.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My post was meant to say that with an internet speed of 40 mbps my ipad seem really sluggish. I'm happy to say that after the reset it is working much better.

Good to hear that a reset helped things out!

Most reactions