What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

stevew_f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Still doesn't work right (with ShowCase, iOS7)

Not to my knowledge. Definitely can't get lower case letters to show on an iPad mini running iOS 6.0.2

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Update: ShowCase v1.3.4.1-1 and iKeywi HD for iPad v1.3.0-3 still don't play well together on my iPad3 with iOS7.0.4, meaning that ShowCase functions become disabled upon installing iKeywi.

Also: no arrow keys in iKeywi's layout.

The developer dares to charge for this app?

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Blacklist Hiraku:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm. In my opinion, this is a bit harsh. Yes, iKeywi HD and ShowCase don't play well together on the iPad. To me, this does not negate the fact that both are excellent tweaks.

You simply have to choose which one you want to use on the iPad. I, personally, have chosen to use iKeywi. I believe it's a great price and having extra, customizable keys is well worth the price I paid for the tweak. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Have you been in contact with the developer about the arrow keys not working? And, about the fact that ShowCase [still] doesn't work with iKeywi? I am sure you will get better answers than by posting to an Internet forum...

Marilyn

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason, when I'm on cydia this app doesn't seem to work. It goes to the apple default keyboard. Works well elsewhere though. Anyone else with similar experiences?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason, when I'm on cydia this app doesn't seem to work. It goes to the apple default keyboard. Works well elsewhere though. Anyone else with similar experiences?

This is normal behavior and by design. Cydia runs as root on the iPad and, when it's active, it suppresses (read: doesn't give permission to) other tweaks to run. My understanding is that Cydia must do this to prevent any errors in installing or deleting tweaks. So, most (probably all) Mobile Substrate tweaks won't run while you're in Cydia (and neither iFile, if you have that loaded).

Also, the developer of this tweak has said iKeywi HD won't run while in Cydia and iFile... ;)

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone knows whether/when the arrow keys will be working in IOS7? I'm too used to them and am now struggling without them in IOS7.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone knows whether/when the arrow keys will be working in IOS7? I'm too used to them and am now struggling without them in IOS7.

I don't use them (didn't even back in iOS 6) so I don't know.

Have you tried emailing the developer to ask? You can get his address in Cydia...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts