What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iframe via camcorder to iMovie via ipad2

Benca1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so if you have a newer camcorder that can shoot movies via iframe format ( not avchd) can you use the camera connection kit via sd card or USB and transfer into iMovie for ipad2????

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it bad that I remember iframe as an old HTML tag?

From what's been found so far iMoive on the iPad 2 will only take M4V at 720p with no more then AAC 44.1 kHz audio. Even 48 kHz will keep it from seeing the video.

I really have no idea if iFrame will work. Apple has said only iPhone, iPod, or iPad recorded video is supported.

A workaround has been to use ReelDirector to transcode videos on the iPad and then import that output.

OP
B

Benca1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeh thats weird cuz .. the iframe shooting is supposed to be for mac and imovie 11 and supposed to work perfectly on imac and macbook.. but not sure about the ipad... so will find out i guess .. thank you so much for the info!!!

OP
B

Benca1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here are some specs from my camera finally..

this is from my camcorder....
Video Camera Features HD Video Recording: The TM90 records high definition motion images at a 1920 x 1080 resolution onto the built-in 16 GB memory or an inserted SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. The camera records audio in Dolby Digital 2-channel audio using the built-in microphone. If the video is going to be uploaded to a Mac, it is recommended that it be recorded in the iFrame format with 2-channel AAC audio (960 x 540 resolution).
Recording Capacity: The built-in memory and SD/SDHC/SDXC cards have the following capacity at each recording mode:

Notice Iframe on the right hand side and the sentence up top...! and this to read below
iFrame
28 Mbps 960x540

Recording Formats: This camera captures video in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVCHD compliant) format with Dolby Digital 2-channel audio. iFrame recording uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (.MP4) format with AAC audio compression. (iFrame is a format suitable for Mac (iMovie'11).) Still images are recorded in JPEG compression.

so would think this would work on ipad via imove 11

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mac ≠ iOS

Even iMovie 11 doesn't support iPad iMovie project files. Apple has never said it will, unlike GarageBand (which they had to update on Mac to make it work).

I can't say if iMovie on the iPad will accept the MP4 and AAC files in the iframe wrapper. If you want you can send me a short (maybe 5 seconds of a wall) recording at 720p(1280×720) with 44.1 kHz audio and I can give it a try through the camera spoofing trick. If not send the 960 x 540.

I'm at dorje dot sylas at gmail dot com .

OP
B

Benca1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey dorje .. would love to but wont have camera until 05/01/2011 .. mom got the camera for 30th birthday so can send you a clip on that day :)

Most reactions

Latest posts