What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ifile music transfer between computer and ipad

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello im hoping someone can help me out here, i have an ipad3 jailbroken and trying to send music from my pc to my ipad ( i am not trying to move music on my ipad to a different location )
What i would lime to do is move music straight from pc to the ipod file in my ipad .
Can anyone assist with this, i would be soooooo grateful if anyone could help me out here ive been trying it for a while but cannot seem to find the correct process.

Thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best way to put music into the stock music player on the iPad is to use iTunes, even for a jail broken iPad. That's because the iPad makes its own database for the music - it's not a simple, straight transfer.

However, I understand that there is a tweak called Pwntunes (on Cydia) that might help, however. It's on sale now, $6.99 (USD) and it allows for a free trial so you can if it will suit your purposes. I've never used it, but maybe it's worth taking a look at it?

Marilyn

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have tried pwntunes but it wont transfer my music to ipod, perhaps im doing it wrong ? If you find a good walkthrough could you post link here please, thank you.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried pwntunes but it wont transfer my music to ipod, perhaps im doing it wrong ? If you find a good walkthrough could you post link here please, thank you.

Once you installed PWNtunes, you should register it first, it should be in the settings somewhere.
Then once you registered it. There will be a folder that is made located in var/mobile/media/my music directory. You can go to this directory using the free app iFile from Cydia. Make "My Music" your bookmark on iFile. From then on, you can use tweaks like Safari Downloader or Enabler or whatever tweaks that can download and ask it to download into your folder. Once it downloads. Go to Pwntunes settings and click sync on. Click home button then go to Music folder, it should start loading the songs up from the Music app. The format title won't be as perfect though. Make sure you edit what you can from iFile under it's source.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cannot find how to register this,i have downloaded a free version to try , do i need to plug it into a computer/laptop , please please help its driving me nuts !

Last edited:

cd.key

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an alternative to iTunes, I recommend using copytransmanager. It copies music from your pc to your iDevices much like iTunes. It can even create playlists.

cd.key

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just do a google search for copytransmanager, download it to your pc (it's free btw), and just run the executable file.
To copy music from your pc to your iDevice:
- First of all, iTunes needs to be installed or copytransmanager wont recognize your device.
- Then open the copytransmanager, plug your iDevice, create a new playlist (optional), drag and drop you mp3 files, and click update at the top.

Dont forget to click the update button or your iDevice wont save all your music and you have to copy it all over again.

Hope this helps

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice, Ill give that a go for sure , thank you for your help, much appreciated ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts