What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ifile help

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone got a powered external hard drive working on 4.2.1 with and untethered jailbreak? The drive I'm trying to use used to work fine before, but it doesn't show up in ifile now. SD cards work just fine. Any ideas?

Even though ur external drive is powered, might still be drawing too much juice from ioad therefore not showing up.
I had asked b4 if anyone or cydia has come up with a tweak to bring back the original voltage to that input slot. We can only dream..lol apple was slick n said f$&@ that, we only want u to use apple dongles/apple products, once they found out all the cool stuff people were doing, that was unintended.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard that if you plug a powered usb hub into the iPad then plug a powered hard drive or usb stick that doesn't work otherwise into te hub that it will work...but I haven't got a powered hub to test this with.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard that if you plug a powered usb hub into the iPad then plug a powered hard drive or usb stick that doesn't work otherwise into te hub that it will work...but I haven't got a powered hub to test this with.

I heard the same thing. A powered usb hub should wrk. Seen several videos of people having multiple things hooked up to it and working with ipad.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And it works on 4.2.1? Is there anything jailbreak-Wise or any app pr tweak installed via Cydia that would keep ifile from mounting the drive? I tried mounting the drive using mobile terminal but it gave me an error that it was an unknown filesystem or something, but it is formatted fat32 as it should be.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And it works on 4.2.1? Is there anything jailbreak-Wise or any app pr tweak installed via Cydia that would keep ifile from mounting the drive? I tried mounting the drive using mobile terminal but it gave me an error that it was an unknown filesystem or something, but it is formatted fat32 as it should be.

I saw the vid n read articles b4 4.2.1 came out. It still might b the voltage issue of it not showing up. Might need to try nonpowered external drive hooked up to a power hub for it to wrk. Sux Apple did that. No good reason to change voltage other thn to make things difficult for users.

Most reactions