What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to search for a file that I copied with Ifile

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, my Ipad is jailbroken and I used Ifile and was trying to move a video file from the dropbox to one of my video programs. Unfortunately, I copied it to a directory that I didnt mean to put it. Now I lost that file and am not sure how to locate it.

Is there a way to search for it somehow?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, my Ipad is jailbroken and I used Ifile and was trying to move a video file from the dropbox to one of my video programs. Unfortunately, I copied it to a directory that I didnt mean to put it. Now I lost that file and am not sure how to locate it.

Is there a way to search for it somehow?

Yes - if you remember the name of the file.

Assuming you know the name, here's how: In iFile, go all the way to the top of the iPad hierarchy (keep hitting the top left button until you are all the way back - you will see "/' as the title).

Then, tap your status bar and a search box will be revealed. Type in the name of the file for which you are searching and ensure the "Hierarchy" bar is highlighted (so you search the whole of the iPad). Then, tap the Search button and wait while the search is made. It may take a while (lots of files in an iPad!). Eventually, however, your file will appear in the search results and you can tap on it to go where it is located.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
A

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey, that was perfect. I was missing the part where you change to Hierarchy. That got me what I needed. Thanks man

Most reactions

Latest posts