What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if used 2-3years, battery must replace?

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to check that battery life? is look that battery is used 2-3 years, is must replace? where to replace?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad2 gets daily use, 12-16 hours every day. It is over 3 years old and is showing no signs of battery deterioration. I intend to use it until it fails completely, so watch this space.

When batteries do fail, make an appointment at the Genius Bar. They can be replaced, but only by people who know what they are doing.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad2 gets daily use, 12-16 hours every day. It is over 3 years old and is showing no signs of battery deterioration. I intend to use it until it fails completely, so watch this space. When batteries do fail, make an appointment at the Genius Bar. They can be replaced, but only by people who know what they are doing.

Agreed. Battery replacement for the iPad is $99 bucks, I believe which isn't so bad. If you have a good device then it's worth investing a hundred bucks to do it. If it's a really old device and close to be outdated then I'd skip it.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you practice proper draining of the battery, even under daily usage and daily charges, it will last 3-4 years at the very least. If abused or ill managed, possibly 2 years if not slightly more. Deterioration is inevitable, just how fast or how much of it you get.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed. Battery replacement for the iPad is $99 bucks, I believe which isn't so bad. If you have a good device then it's worth investing a hundred bucks to do it. If it's a really old device and close to be outdated then I'd skip it.

Not to mention you'll have a bit more hair after Apple is done with it as opposed to DIY, particularly if it's the iPad 2 and above.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

Most reactions

Latest posts