What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's iPad Battery Replacement Policy

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is disappointing. One of the big knocks against the iPhone is/was that the end user can not change the battery. I can change battery in my Palm Pre - no problem. Thought that Apple would have gotten around this by now. Do you know what the battery life in the unit is supposed to be before replacement?:(

Zane Barker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is disappointing. One of the big knocks against the iPhone is/was that the end user can not change the battery. I can change battery in my Palm Pre - no problem. Thought that Apple would have gotten around this by now. Do you know what the battery life in the unit is supposed to be before replacement?:(

This is NOTHING new and is COMPLETELY expected. Apple does not have changeable batteries on iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Laptops for several reasons. One is style, another is having removable batteries makes the device bigger, and finally with a non removable battery Apple can use newer battery technology that gives you LONGER battery life.

Take for example the new unibody macbook and macbook pros, by no longer having a removable battery Apple was able to better utilize the space inside and able to give us LONGER battery life.

Apple puts batteries that last long enough as it is in there products by the time the battery is worn out your going to want what ever newer model there is anyway.

I plan on doing what I did with the iPhone with the iPad. Buy Apple Care and by the end of the two years you will want the new model.

philc712

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPod that is older than available Apple Care will cover. I to have wanted a new iPod and bought one. However I don't think "wanting a new model" while the currenly owned older model's battery is difficult or expensive to change is not a good reason to be forced to get a new model.

Most reactions

Latest posts