What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discovered Cool iOS 7 "Glitch" - No Icons On First Page

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running an iPad 3 on iOS 7.0.2. I had one icon on the first page (the Calendar app, if that makes any difference). On the second page, I've got everything else and have no other pages.

So, since I was always on the second page, I set the icons to wiggling and moved the calendar app to the second page. After I stopped the wiggling, the first page remained and it was empty (!). Look (you can tell I'm on the first page by looking at the page dots):

regu4yna.jpg

And, here's my second page:

a5a8ehez.jpg

Yes, the dock icons are there - but no other icons.

This "effect" has survived me restarting and resetting the iPad, moving icons around (lots of "wiggle" modes), updating apps and installing new apps. It remains blank. I've not seen what happens when I connect it to iTunes. Don't see how or why that would change it, either.

And, I've just finished trying this "trick" on my mom's iPad 2 running iOS 7.0 (cause I haven't gotten a round TUIT to upgrade it, yet). Same thing - I can create a blank first page by removing all the icons off it. She has a lot of icons on her iPad and a lot of pages...

Now, I don't know if this is a glitch or purposeful by Apple as it's never worked like this before. Usually, an empty page disappears when you stop "wiggle" mode (and it still does if you try to create one anywhere other then the first page).

I hope it's an on purpose change and that Apple won't "fix" it. I like the idea that I can fully see whatever I've made as my wallpaper. And, given that the first page is the first thing you see when you start the iPad, well ... think of the opportunities!

Anyway. Just thought y'all might be interested. :)

Marilyn

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm running an iPad 3 on iOS 7.0.2. I had one icon on the first page (the Calendar app, if that makes any difference). On the second page, I've got everything else and have no other pages.

So, since I was always on the second page, I set the icons to wiggling and moved the calendar app to the second page. After I stopped the wiggling, the first page remained and it was empty (!). Look (you can tell I'm on the first page by looking at the page dots):
Yes, the dock icons are there - but no other icons.

This "effect" has survived me restarting and resetting the iPad, moving icons around (lots of "wiggle" modes), updating apps and installing new apps. It remains blank. I've not seen what happens when I connect it to iTunes. Don't see how or why that would change it, either.

And, I've just finished trying this "trick" on my mom's iPad 2 running iOS 7.0 (cause I haven't gotten a round TUIT to upgrade it, yet). Same thing - I can create a blank first page by removing all the icons off it. She has a lot of icons on her iPad and a lot of pages...

Now, I don't know if this is a glitch or purposeful by Apple as it's never worked like this before. Usually, an empty page disappears when you stop "wiggle" mode (and it still does if you try to create one anywhere other then the first page).

I hope it's an on purpose change and that Apple won't "fix" it. I like the idea that I can fully see whatever I've made as my wallpaper. And, given that the first page is the first thing you see when you start the iPad, well ... think of the opportunities!

Anyway. Just thought y'all might be interested. :)

Marilyn
Sorry Marilyn to contradict you, but it was also a feature of iOS 6, I had tried it out before. Everyone in my family who also used the iPad complained about not being able to see the wallpaper! So, I had changed it like that and has remained like that ever since that time, in spite of everything I did after that. So.............

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Marilyn to contradict you, but it was also a feature of iOS 6, I had tried it out before. Everyone in my family who also used the iPad complained about not being able to see the wallpaper! So, I had changed it like that and has remained like that ever since that time, in spite of everything I did after that. So.............

Not a contradiction - just something I didn't know before (and never saw on iOS 6). So, thanks for that.

Very cool! Cause it probably means that it's a feature, not a bug - which means it won't get "fixed." Yay.

Marilyn

Most reactions