What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon question.

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

Being new to iPad I find that I am having difficulty in identifying the meaning of icons (mostly on top of the page).

Is there any settings that I can invoke so that these icons have descriptive text associated with them?

Part two of my questions, also related to icons.

While attempting an exercise from a book on how to place multiple web pages onto one screen I was told to click on the "multiple page" icon, the 3rd from the left. The picture in the book showed what appears to be an icon with 3 pages stacked and off set from each other. My iPad did not have this icon, my 3rd icon was a depiction of an open book.

Can anyone shed light on this problem please. :confused:

ipad2 64 Gig Wi-Fi + 3G, F/W 5.1.1

Regards

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I understand you correctly you are speaking about using Safari?

The icons along the top of the page can be changed, i.e. the order can be changed or new ones added or removed. This is done from the settings.

As far as I know you cant have a title underneath them.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Janset said:
Hi all.

Being new to iPad I find that I am having difficulty in identifying the meaning of icons (mostly on top of the page).

Is there any settings that I can invoke so that these icons have descriptive text associated with them?

Part two of my questions, also related to icons.

While attempting an exercise from a book on how to place multiple web pages onto one screen I was told to click on the "multiple page" icon, the 3rd from the left. The picture in the book showed what appears to be an icon with 3 pages stacked and off set from each other. My iPad did not have this icon, my 3rd icon was a depiction of an open book.

Can anyone shed light on this problem please. :confused:

ipad2 64 Gig Wi-Fi + 3G, F/W 5.1.1

Regards

The versions of Safari vary between operating systems. OS X Lion runs on Mac desktops and laptops whereas iOS runs on the mobile Apple devices including the iPad. The iOS version of Safari does not support the feature you describe. Suggest you seek out manual for iOS Safari rather than OS X version.

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Thanks for the response. My setup is Windows 7 Ultimate running Firefox 12. My iPad is and iPad2 f/w vers 5.1.1, Wi-Fi +3G 64 Gig.
I do not know what browser is running on it. I click on the Safari icon on the screen and at the moment it loads up the Bigpond browser. I do not know how to check what part Safari plays as I have not been able to bring up a default Safari browser, if at all they have one.

Followthatsapper, you say icon settings can be accessed thru "Settings" I can can not seem to find anything in settings that will do the job that you say.

Midranger4, "Suggest you seek out manual for iOS Safari rather than OS X version". I will google it and see how I go.

Regards

Most reactions