What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud Will Let You Re-Download Any Purchased Apps, Including Withdrawn Ones

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Purchased.JPG

There seem to be so many new features discovered daily about iCloud and iOS 5 since Apple’s announcement at the WWDC on Monday that we’ve got plenty to keep us occupied thinking about all the possibilities while waiting for the actual release in the Fall. And of course there are some iCloud features already enabled that you can get cracking with right now, such as the new “Purchased†option in the iPad and iPhone App Store, where you can re-download previously purchased music and apps to any of your devices, thanks to your purchase history being stored by iCloud. Now that’s already a very handy facility in and of itself, but it gets even better, as CDFXapps Blog has discovered that you can even re-download previously purchased apps that have subsequently been removed by Apple from the App Store since you first purchased them. The blog gives the example of an app called iDOS, which was removed by Apple because it had some wormholes that allowed any .exe file to run, but which CDFXapps was able to re-download this week without any trouble at all, thanks to iCloud. Sweet!

Source: iCloud Allows For Apps That Apple Removed From The AppStore to be re-downloaded - CDFXapps::Figure It Out via Engadget

jsjansmith69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@king I do not think so they are adding a lot of filters and stuff now to stop people from downloading certain apps on their touches.

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded a couple apps that were withdrawn. Unfortunately the one game I was hoping to see was nowhere to be seen... Stone Loops of Jurrasica. I lost my ipa a few months ago and didn't have it installed on any idevice.

Most reactions

Latest posts