What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks update has been released!!!

jwadle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it already.. Have to say I like it, but.... I did have the vision the it was going to turn the PDF files in to epub looking files when in Ibooks (you know, page turns and all that) I know that may have just been my misconception of how it was going to work, but it sure is nice having everything in one place... I don;t know know if I will delete all the Epubs that that I already converted from PDF (and put the pDF version back on), but I will most liklly not convert any new ones..

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks looks great, but the update has created an issue with files converted with Calibre... the dictionary no longer works with those books.
The dev said on another forum that a fix is already in the works - I guess I'll have to re-convert the Calibre books I've sent to my iPad.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Yay!

Is anyone having any luck with bookmarks? I loaded a book that I have been reading and checked to make sure my old book marks are there (and they are). Then I closed out of iBooks 1.1 on my iPad (having already selected that the book marks should be stored in my iTunes Store).

I then opened iBooks 1.1 on my iPhone and found and then redownloaded that same book from the iTunes Store. I had already selected that I wanted iTunes Store to sync my bookmarks here as well. When I view bookmarks from iBooks on the iPhone for this book, none of the bookmarks are shown (since the day I started reading the book).

I then navigated to the page I'm currently on and tried setting the new bookmark (with the ribbon instead of in text highlight). Here again, the book mark did not propagate. Seems odd...

I've double checked the Sync Bookmarks on both devices and each is set properly and each is iBooks 1.1. Stwange...

Piko

Last edited:

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And it completely rearranged my bookshelf. I had it set up the way I wanted and now I have to re-do all of it. With over 600 books, that is a lot of dragging around. I wish we could use iTunes to arrange the bookshelf.

cruizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also can't figure out how to have bookmark auto sync'd between iphone and ipad....ibooks on both devices are set to allow sync.....I thought the sync worked viz wireless...is there something i'm missing?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Can't really help you guys with the bookmark problem, many in another forum I go to are bragging about how well it works, for all (even non-Apple and non-DRM) books.

Perhaps the devices have to be on the SAME WIFI network?

Louisg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have connected my IPAD 32 gb wifi to my laptop. Itunes recognized it but said software was up to date???

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad software is up to date but iBooks is managed through the app store.

Most reactions

Latest posts