What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks 3xx

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Went to download a book today and it told me I need to update to iBooks 3. I haven't yet because I don't know the differences between my version and the new one. I can't afford to lose the ability to use iBooks, and am very comfortable with the version I use. Can anyone that uses iBooks a lot tell me the differences and how you are getting along with it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By the way, iBooks is an apple product, why do you think they would let you lose the ability to use iBooks?

OP
zstairlessone

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some people have suffered crashing after updating when they open a book.

I also don't know if iBooks 3 requires iOS 6.

Thanks for the link. Good read, I won't take advantage of the scroll feature, but am happy to still have the curl pages feature.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not a single crash or issue. If you are a serious iBook user, I would upgrade immediately.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A very few members have reported problems reading their old iBooks after upgrading. The solution is to delete and re-install iBooks, the download all your books again. Tedious, but it works. Or you can look at it as an opportunity to free up space by not downloading the books you don't need at the moment.

But most people have experienced no problems upgrading iBooks.

Chances are a book that says it needs the current version of iBooks is one of the new Textbooks. These are all located (for now) under the TextBook category. These books are created with iBooks Author (a Mac app) and have special features that won't work with older version of iBooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts