What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firmware Update Just Released?

JerryBrendle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the purpose of this just released (4.3.5) iPad update, there was one released (4.3.4) just a few days ago? Did they fail to fix something?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to updates that don't require iTunes.

It sucks now if you're away from your computer for a stretch, because you can't update firmware without it. I don't want to carry around my laptop when I travel, just in case Apple updates iPad firmware, but if it's a security-related update, I'd rather get it sooner than later.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the purpose of this just released (4.3.5) iPad update, there was one released (4.3.4) just a few days ago? Did they fail to fix something?

i cant see anything about it on my ipad2,where will it be please.....i just remembered where to look and im on 4.3.4 and it says im up to date so im puzzled

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

i cant see anything about it on my ipad2,where will it be please

You have to log onto iTunes on your computer and synch your iPad to update.
thanks,just looked on my mbp and my ipad2 and it says im up to date,im on 4.3.4 so im puzzled about this new update

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i cant see anything about it on my ipad2,where will it be please

thanks,just looked on my mbp and my ipad2 and it says im up to date,im on 4.3.4 so im puzzled about this new update

Weird. I'm in the middle of updating my iDevices to 4.3.5 now. Two down, three to go, plus my husband's iPad.

When you hook up your iPad to iTunes on your computer, do you double click on your iPad's name? When I do that and then click on the Summary tab in the main screen area, it tells me that 4.3.5 is available. (And that's after I've ignored the 4.3.5 upgrade prompt that automatically pops up once I hook up iPad to computer. I ignore the popup because I usually have purchases to transfer to iTunes first.)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Weird. I'm in the middle of updating my iDevices to 4.3.5 now. Two down, three to go, plus my husband's iPad.

When you hook up your iPad to iTunes on your computer, do you double click on your iPad's name? When I do that and then click on the Summary tab in the main screen area, it tells me that 4.3.5 is available. (And that's after I've ignored the 4.3.5 upgrade prompt that automatically pops up once I hook up iPad to computer. I ignore the popup because I usually have purchases to transfer to iTunes first.)
got it now thankyou,is there a way that you can see new updates as they are released as i dont often connect my mbp to my ipad?

Most reactions

Latest posts