What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to hear from all you 3G ipad owners, has it been worth it?

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I agree. It is just a choice ~ a decision.

Not sure what this means, but I'm thinkin it isn't real warm and fuzzy.;)

Haha.. Crackers is British English for crazy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Titanium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waited a good while to get an iPad and then decided to wait on the iPad 2. Then I heard AT&T had the iPad 1 for a really good price once the 2 came out... so I weighed the options. I decided I would rather have the 64/3G original version over the new version with more bells and whistles but less space and no 3G. So cost wise I was able to get more, I didn't want to buy the 16 or 32 and then have regrets later.

I feel I made the right choice. I love having internet available anytime I need or want it. I go a lot of places that doesn't have WIFI since I live in the country and I go to lots of Drs appts and I love passing that waiting time with my iPad.

0pawwap0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
one of the reasons he's but the primary one. Just like you don't buy a car with 3 tires do you? Sure a car will run with 3 tires but not very well. 3G iPad is for the smart people. The wifi only is for the people who are cheap and want to go the poor mans route.

I get your point. I think we have a different view regarding the use of the iPad .I acknowledge your point my dear friend. Tnx for the comment

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant believe some of you are writing like there is a wrong and right answer to this question. Are some of you crackers!?

What's even more crazy is that the title of this thread is I want to hear from all you 3G ipad owners.

The question wasn't WiFi versus 3G; it just sought the opinion of those who OWN a 3G iPad.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G iPad is for the smart people. The wifi only is for the people who are cheap and want to go the poor mans route.
Excuse me????

I have two undergraduate degrees and began working on my Masters Degree a couple of years ago and I have a WiFi only iPad!

Money was definitely NOT an issue for me since I got my iPad primarily to read books at home (which is something smart people do!) and listen to streaming audio (mostly from NPR stations - which is what smart people listen to!)

Reaction score
I cant believe some of you are writing like there is a wrong and right answer to this question. Are some of you crackers!?

What's even more crazy is that the title of this thread is I want to hear from all you 3G ipad owners.

The question wasn't WiFi versus 3G; it just sought the opinion of those who OWN a 3G iPad.

Having 3G on my wife's is priceless to me because she can use it in ways I don't use mine and she often won't be around wifi but can still do the things she needs/wants to do with hers.
Having a dedicated gps chip on mine is nice but when the screen broke on my first one I was waiting for Amazon to get some more Bad Elf units to use as a gps unit.
If you can afford it it's nice to have just in case if nothing else

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
Excuse me????

I have two undergraduate degrees and began working on my Masters Degree a couple of years ago and I have a WiFi only iPad!

Money was definitely NOT an issue for me since I got my iPad primarily to read books at home (which is something smart people do!) and listen to streaming audio (mostly from NPR stations - which is what smart people listen to!)

Go 1991-c4! It's not just for smart people. I am 15 and I was going to get 3G but then found out I could tether. ( I am not saying I am not smart )

Last edited:

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aspasia said:

And if the OP had left it at that he most likely would have gotten replies from mostly people who have 3G units. He didn't, though. He followed it up with remarkably asinine remarks about the wisdom of NOT buying 3G then, in later posts, impugned the intelligence of people who don't agree with him. That's when it got a little crazy.

Bammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
Paying for the 3G that is. Cause to me, having a wifi only ipad is kinda pointless and dumb. Ipad is something most people would want to bring with them everywhere, so with a wifi only you have to always rely on a wifi network to connect whereas 3G you always have a connection no matter where you are. Glad I got the 3G.

I want to hear from you 3G owners how you found it so far? Any of you regret it and find you dont use 3G much?

Yes. It is. Though most of the time it works slow.

Reaction score
3G iPad is for the smart people. The wifi only is for the people who are cheap and want to go the poor mans route.
Excuse me????

Derrrr, what's a book?

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Go 1991-c4! It's not just for smart people. I am 15 and I was going to get 3G but then found out I could tether.

Just because you're only 15 doesn't mean you're not smart, it doesn't even imply that you're not wise. Experienced, maybe not ;)

Petdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 64gb w/3G and I have no regrets. I have to travel for work and it allows me to access my books, movies, email, facebook, twitter and whatever else I need to do on the road. When I purchased the iPad, I never thought i'd use it so much, unless I'm at work, the iPad is not far from my fingertips. I LOVE my 3G!

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
3G model always saves my day as I do not have WiFi every where I go...

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Catfiend said:
Just because you're only 15 doesn't mean you're not smart, it doesn't even imply that you're not wise. Experienced, maybe not ;)

That did come across as I am saying that I am not smart. Maybe I should edit that. :) as it says, I am an iPad master!

Most reactions

Latest posts