What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Think I Broke It!

craigtaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad1 in a soft protective case. I dropped it today as I was getting out of my chair, and it fell a mere two feet to the floor. Despite the case, my screen is now distorted. All of the colors look funky. If I tap on the bottom of my iPad, the colors change, but they are still distorted. Did I ruin it?

Craig
:(

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
craigtaz said:
I have my iPad1 in a soft protective case. I dropped it today as I was getting out of my chair, and it fell a mere two feet to the floor. Despite the case, my screen is now distorted. All of the colors look funky. If I tap on the bottom of my iPad, the colors change, but they are still distorted. Did I ruin it?

Craig
:(

That is hard to believe that falling just 2 feet would do this. But, I believe you. Did you try and shut the iPad completely down by holding the home button and the regular on-off button on the top right hand of the screen?

Not guaranteeing this will help but, this is a thought. I am also using an iPad 1.

By the way did the iPad drop onto carpet of to a hard surface like concrete. Just curious.

Reason I ask that is because I dropped my Iphone 1 onto concrete and that was about the same distance 2 feet. The only thing that happened is that the phone casing dented but the phone was still fine and the screen was perfect.

But the phone is way more light than the iPad. I did not have a protective cse on the phone just a screen protector.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

OP
C

craigtaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, in fact it was actually less than two feet. It feel onto a marble floor. My EnCase should have protected it, but it didn't. I tried eveythiing I could think of, but nothing worked.

I never buy service plans or extended warranties, but then it hit me, I did when I bought the iPad, so I pulled out my receipt and headed down to Best Buy. They replaced it with a brand new iPad2, so I'm a lot happier than I was this time yesterday. And yes, I added the service plan to this one too...:)

Craig

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is usually very hard to hurt an iPad, but with any electronics it can happen if it hits right. I dropped my iPad a few weeks ago, and all that happened was the corner of the cover chipped. And it was a lot higher than 2 feet. Sometimes its good to be lucky.

OP
C

craigtaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're correct about how it's dropped. I dropped mine last year and actually dented the case near the headphone jack. Everything still worked fine. When I dropped it yesterday, it landed on the curved edge of the top right corner. The Geek Squad guy at Best Buy claims this will usually kill the screen. Don't how true that is, but it definitely was true in my case.

All is well now though...loving the iPad2!

Craig

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
craigtaz said:
Yep, in fact it was actually less than two feet. It feel onto a marble floor. My EnCase should have protected it, but it didn't. I tried eveythiing I could think of, but nothing worked.

I never buy service plans or extended warranties, but then it hit me, I did when I bought the iPad, so I pulled out my receipt and headed down to Best Buy. They replaced it with a brand new iPad2, so I'm a lot happier than I was this time yesterday. And yes, I added the service plan to this one too...:)

Craig

That is so groovy. Sometimes it pays off to get extended warranties.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Most reactions

Latest posts