What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orange edge

snavennyl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is snavennyl, but I go by Snave. I purchased an IPAD last February, with full warranty. I live in Miami, Fl. While traveling this summer, we crossed over into Canada and I had a weird thing start to happen. All of my colors were distorted and I had a vivid orange border all around the border of the screen. Well, we went to Canada and did touristy stuff. I figured that I would have to wait until we returned tot the US for a repair site, then a few days later, while in upstate NY, I noticed that the orange was gone. So, my original thought was that the orange was a warning of sorts, like of roaming costs or something. That was July. Two days ago, my IPAD slid slowly off of the couch and landed on the floor. Now, I have the orange border back again and my colors are again distorted if I watch a hulu program or even try to look at pictures, like on FB. I now assume that the original problem was not Canada's "fault", but rather my IPAD getting bumped around in my backpack.
So, now this weekend, I plan on seeking help from an apple dealer, but wanted to know if anyone has had this happen, or knows the "cure" for this? Looking forward to learning a lot from this app. I already am. Excited about trading my original in for an IPAD 2. I am a HS teacher and I knowmthere are apps which work on the newer pad that would allow me to hook up to a proxima projector to show things during lessons. I am actually excited to be able to do that... Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions, y'all might have!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think Apple will replace an iPad 1 with an iPad 2, if that's what you're hoping.

Most reactions