What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need way to print from IPad

Ed1102

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my experience, the first thing is to be sure you have a printer that has "Air Print" capability. Many new ones do but older printers will not have this. Once you have this and have established communication between the iPad and printer (which is essentially automatic), then it is simple from that point on. You just select 'print' from the document and it goes. I've been printing from my iPad 4 ever since I got it and it works great with my HP printer.

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Print Central allows you to use any printer on your network. The catch is that you'll need a network computer on and have the applet loaded to allow network print from iDevices. The cost of the app likely offsets the cost of buying a new printer though.

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Print Pro and/or PrintBureau will do what you need. Both have worked with my HP wireless printer which in not airplay capable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use FingerPrint 2 software which installs on your computer and let's any IOS device see any printer as an AirPrinter. Might seem expensive at $20 buts its a one time purchase so you never have to buy any printer apps...read their Blog for more info.
FingerPrint - Collobos Software

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have a netgear router you can get their free NetGEAR Genie software for on your PC and then you can print to any printer, virtual or real, connected to your PC.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use FingerPrint 2 software which installs on your computer and let's any IOS device see any printer as an AirPrinter. Might seem expensive at $20 buts its a one time purchase so you never have to buy any printer apps...read their Blog for more info. FingerPrint - Collobos Software

Well, there now appears to be so many options for this purpose (i.e. other than having an Air Print compatible printer) - BUT, I've been using Mike's suggestion above for nearly 2 yrs w/o a problem (updated to their newer version w/ a discount) - BOTTOM LINE - it works on my printers (an inkjet & a laser), so a definite recommendation! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts