What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with my IPad.

stevedoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fantastic. So envious. Been in a few stick aircraft mainly vans , e.g. RV7. Loved it. Great views all over east England. Anyway this is a bit off topic and will probably upset people talking about this here lol. But I hope you enjoy and get your ipad to help too....
Steve

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stevedoz said:
Fantastic. So envious. Been in a few stick aircraft mainly vans , e.g. RV7. Loved it. Great views all over east England. Anyway this is a bit off topic and will probably upset people talking about this here lol. But I hope you enjoy and get your ipad to help too....
Steve

Nope, you are fine, this is the OP's thread and he is happy to carry on the discussion......BTW, I have an interest in this myself, I did take flying lessons a few years back and had the opportunity to take the controls of a Tiger Moth! I wish I had carried on with those lessons!

The Archangel

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, you are fine, this is the OP's thread and he is happy to carry on the discussion......BTW, I have an interest in this myself, I did take flying lessons a few years back and had the opportunity to take the controls of a Tiger Moth! I wish I had carried on with those lessons!

The Archangel

Well you still can but just be careful. They can be a bit dangerous at times.
gyredaju.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

johnda

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The Archangel
You should, Gabriel. You are very near Headcorn. And if you want to save money, hop across the channel and join Calais Aeroclub. Actually there is nothing to stop you flying at Headcorn and Calais... the hours all count towards your licence. They both have Robins, the only major difference being that the ASIs at Headcorn are in Knots and at Calais in Km/h (although I think there is an inner graduation also in Knots).

OP
J

johnda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve
A friend of mine has just started building an RV7 (so far, only the tail is finished) but he is regularly flying the Menestrel he built a few years ago.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnda said:
You should, Gabriel. You are very near Headcorn. And if you want to save money, hop across the channel and join Calais Aeroclub. Actually there is nothing to stop you flying at Headcorn and Calais... the hours all count towards your licence. They both have Robins, the only major difference being that the ASIs at Headcorn are in Knots and at Calais in Km/h (although I think there is an inner graduation also in Knots).

I had my flying lessons at Headcorn in Cessna 152's. I flew the Tiger Moth at Goodwood.

The Archangel

OP
J

johnda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my flying lessons at Headcorn in Cessna 152's. I flew the Tiger Moth at Goodwood.

The Archangel
I like to see where I'm going in a turn... also prefer a stick and the ability to land in a 20 Knot crosswind! But you really should go back to Headcorn-on-mud and try a Robin. It is so near you. I flew (in) a Tiger Moth briefly at Vendee Air Park.

Back to the Ipod. I have discovered "Bump" and can now transfer files between the Ipad, Galaxy S3 and the PC by bluetooth. It's a life-saver for me!

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
evohicks said:
Welcome to the world of Apple!

Seriously you should have read up on the iPad before taking the plunge. Apple hardware is very restricted and its definitely not for everyone. I couldn't use it as a replacement for my PC or my Android phone as it just doesn't cover my needs but I do love the ipad for what it's intended for.
Give it more time definitely if this is your 1st experience with Apple but like I say, it's not for everyone.

True. When I purchased my first iPhone I thought that I hate the idea of no keys to tap on to dial a number. But after time and selling the pho e and purchasing another I grew to like the phone nd now I am up to iPhone 4s. Upgrading to iPad 3 or 4 soon.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnda said:
Many thanks evohicks!

Actually, the choice was somewhat dictated by an App (Skydemon) only available for Ipad and I did not know Apple, but never imagined there could be such problems. What is it intended for? My galaxy S3 seems to do more, better and more easily. If I could just plug it into the Ipad and use the latter as a monitor, it would be nice! Just joking, but not a totally unfounded remark!
I don't have much choice :) Thanks again for your reply

Then sell the iPad and go back to the Galaxy. No need to have something you do not like or use,

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is true. That is like comparing watching TV using my ROKU device instead of cable or satellite TV. Sort of two different animals.

OP
J

johnda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then sell the iPad and go back to the Galaxy. No need to have something you do not like or use, Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB
Actually, I said "Actually, the choice was somewhat dictated by an App (Skydemon) only available for Ipad", so if I sold it, how would I run Skydemon? But... I have been working hard of input/output over the last few days and have managed to solve a lot of problems I had with the ipad. However the solutions de seem more like work-arounds than real solutions. A real solution would have been for Apple to have fitted a mini usb socket that actually worked to plug it into other devices without itunes etc, and/or communicate by bluetooth. It seems so silly when you have a 2PCs, 2 androids and an ipad all within a few feet of each other, and to communicate with the ipad, having to email an attached file to oneself,sending it thousands of miles to jump 2 feet! And what if one does not have an Internet connection? Anyway, as I said, I am finding solutions, albeit clumsy ones and am appreciating the ipad more and more for browsing and viewing pictures (once you manage to get them onto the ipad!)

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnda said:
It seems so silly when you have a 2PCs, 2 androids and an ipad all within a few feet of each other, and to communicate with the ipad, having to email an attached file to oneself,sending it thousands of miles to jump 2 feet! And what if one does not have an Internet connection? Anyway, as I said, I am finding solutions, albeit clumsy ones and am appreciating the ipad more and more for browsing and viewing pictures (once you manage to get them onto the ipad!)

Actually I recently found a work around for this very thing, for me at least. I noticed a USB port on my router and after recently buying a 2tb USB hard drive, I plugged it in and configured it, downloaded an app on the iPad called 'file browser' and that was it. I now have access to 2tb of photos, films, music and documents from the 2 iPads in our household. I agree it's not like having an SD card slot or Bluetooth sharing but for us it's just as good as we can access all our media anytime.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help with my new iPad I have the iPhone and I can easily open movies sites and watch movies on my phone but for some reason I m having troubles opening movie sites on my new iPad because it says I don't have he flash plug in but I googled and tried looking for apps that would support the flash plugins for the sites that would need plugins to play movies online for free..????..?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
806299095 said:
I need help with my new iPad I have the iPhone and I can easily open movies sites and watch movies on my phone but for some reason I m having troubles opening movie sites on my new iPad because it says I don't have he flash plug in but I googled and tried looking for apps that would support the flash plugins for the sites that would need plugins to play movies online for free..????..?
There is no native Flash player on the iPad or any other Apple iDevice. This thread explains why.http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/54704-flash-ipad.html There are several Apps, both free and paid, which will convert Flash to a form that will play on the iPad.

Most reactions